Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Penguin kit will be leaving China shortly to arrive here in early to mid-August. I received these images from Mace this morning and have clearance from Frank to post, so here we go...

As with the Catwoman kit, a small statue is included along with optional parts so you can have the umbrella open.

Sculpt by Jeff Yagher, boxart by Christopher Franchi. I'm not sure who did the build-up, most likely David Fisher or Saul Alvarez.
Thanks for looking! :smile2:
Tom

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There ABSOLUTELY will be a 1/8 scale styrene Batgirl. Originally the plan was to create an all new sculpt IN 1/8 scale, but I have also heard they may RESIZE the larger sculpt down for the styrene release (the way the styrene Fly kit will be produced from the 1/6 scale prototype). At this point, the styrene Batgirl (and Joker) are NOT on the schedule for 2016. Frank is at a licensing show this week, I will see if I can get a bit more info when he gets back from the road.
Tom

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my case today...

and it has EXCEEDED my already high expectations!!! Right now I am eyeball deep casting parts and getting ready for Jersey Fest next weekend, so I don't really have time to get primer on this for photos (it is molded in white) but Brad Hair has already done an excellent review on YouTube :
WELL worth the wait!!! :grin2:
Tom

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday and I opened it up today; closly inspecting the kit and studying the instructions, looks like it's gonna be another fun little weekend build!
However, I couldn't find the monocle, so I'll be calling Moebius tomorrow. Good thing it's the very last part to add to the build. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday and I opened it up today; closly inspecting the kit and studying the instructions, looks like it's gonna be another fun little weekend build!
However, I couldn't find the monocle, so I'll be calling Moebius tomorrow. Good thing it's the very last part to add to the build. :smile2:
I found 2 in mine. They were in with the metal rods.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Mine is half-built. The only problem I've come across is with the front pieces of his tuxedo. The positioning pins prevent the pieces from sitting properly on the chest/abdomen assembly. I cut them off and the pieces fell right into position. Seams on this model are going to be mostly sanding only. I've yet to see a place that needs putty.

Also, it's a dead-on resemblance to Burgess Merideth, the actor who played Penguin!!!

(On a side note, the head without the hat bears a striking resemblance to a character in the Overwatch game!)

Larry

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.