Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Penguin kit will be leaving China shortly to arrive here in early to mid-August. I received these images from Mace this morning and have clearance from Frank to post, so here we go...

As with the Catwoman kit, a small statue is included along with optional parts so you can have the umbrella open.

Sculpt by Jeff Yagher, boxart by Christopher Franchi. I'm not sure who did the build-up, most likely David Fisher or Saul Alvarez.
Thanks for looking! :smile2:
Tom

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not to jinx anything, but I know Frank is hoping to get Robin and the Riddler out by fall, along with the 1/5 scale resin Batgirl. :smile2:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There ABSOLUTELY will be a 1/8 scale styrene Batgirl. Originally the plan was to create an all new sculpt IN 1/8 scale, but I have also heard they may RESIZE the larger sculpt down for the styrene release (the way the styrene Fly kit will be produced from the 1/6 scale prototype). At this point, the styrene Batgirl (and Joker) are NOT on the schedule for 2016. Frank is at a licensing show this week, I will see if I can get a bit more info when he gets back from the road.
Tom

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have to say Moebius has really done a dynamite job on these kits. I'm waiting for the day I can finally start my Batman kit. It's calling my name but life keeps dragging me off before I can reach it.

·
Oxidation Genius
31,359 Posts
I started by Batman, then got distracted, and now I forgot what blues I was using on the cape. So I'll have to start over, I guess. :freak:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got my case today...

and it has EXCEEDED my already high expectations!!! Right now I am eyeball deep casting parts and getting ready for Jersey Fest next weekend, so I don't really have time to get primer on this for photos (it is molded in white) but Brad Hair has already done an excellent review on YouTube :
WELL worth the wait!!! :grin2:
Tom

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday and I opened it up today; closly inspecting the kit and studying the instructions, looks like it's gonna be another fun little weekend build!
However, I couldn't find the monocle, so I'll be calling Moebius tomorrow. Good thing it's the very last part to add to the build. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday and I opened it up today; closly inspecting the kit and studying the instructions, looks like it's gonna be another fun little weekend build!
However, I couldn't find the monocle, so I'll be calling Moebius tomorrow. Good thing it's the very last part to add to the build. :smile2:
I found 2 in mine. They were in with the metal rods.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Good thing I haven't emptied out my trash basket yet! I'll have to dig out the bags and re-check!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Mine is half-built. The only problem I've come across is with the front pieces of his tuxedo. The positioning pins prevent the pieces from sitting properly on the chest/abdomen assembly. I cut them off and the pieces fell right into position. Seams on this model are going to be mostly sanding only. I've yet to see a place that needs putty.

Also, it's a dead-on resemblance to Burgess Merideth, the actor who played Penguin!!!

(On a side note, the head without the hat bears a striking resemblance to a character in the Overwatch game!)

Larry

·
Oxidation Genius
31,359 Posts
Yup, found two monocles in the bag. I'm sure I'll lose them both during assembly. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts