Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been meaning to post these pix, of some of the pages of this Old 1965 Lionel Catalog for about a year now, ever since my lady friend picked it up for me at an Antique shop. I'll only post the pages/pix of the Slot Car stuff, of which amazingly, there was quite a bit of in 1965 !

Front Cover of Catalog

Back Cover

Inside Front Cover

Note: HO Cars(on left), and "Standard" 1/32 cars(on right). Both Featuring > "JETPOWER" Ohhh... :eek:

Larger/Standard 1/32 scale...

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hifisapi, sorry man, I don't have a scanner or access to one either :(

But I could probably take better pics of each of the pages separately and they'd be pretty darn clear, as I've done that before. :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
that catalog must be much rarer than the old aurora and tyco catalogs
Actually most mid 1960's Lionel catalogs are pretty common and are available for $5 to $10 most of the time. They are fun to look at and are great reference tools. Lionel slot car only catalogs do seem to be very uncommon. The 1964 Lionel slot car catalog is one of my favorites as it shows the HO three lane items that are very hard to find. They also had some great specialty track pieces like the six lane Mystery Track Selector and the controllable lane changer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks Ralph for showing.

Tuffone could you post a copy of it.

I agree with Crimnick that the pretzel bender has to be some kind of ac system probably similar to the one Faller used. Does anybody know if it was already in the 64 catalogue and whats the first Lionel H0 catalogue.

Just recently and sofar still going on we had a discussion in the german forum about the timeline and crossborder inspiration of H0 systems. In particular who worked with whom together, who was first, specially when it comes the inline motor and to Atlas, Marx, Lionel, Tyco and Faller. Knowing already Marusan in connection with Mabuchi was first and Atlas was buying in from them. But what about the others? Therefore every bit of info is valuable.

Mario

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
The large vintage backdrops look intriguing. A lost accessory in modern times. I'd like to see the details on them. Maybe reprint them in some fashion.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I don't really have the ability to post the 1964 Lionel slot car catalog. However, there is one for sale on Ebay where you can see the front and back covers and some inside pages. The item number is 141596148344. This is not my auction...just posting this for general information. The catalog has 10 inside pages and shows all HO and 1/32 Lionel that was available. The copy that I have was originally from a place called Trainorama,Inc. in Brentwood,PA. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Thanks Tuffone. Problem is living in Germany doesn't make it easier to get hold of this stuff.
Anyway does anybody here had any experience with the pretzel bender set? If so how does it work? Not technically but playing with it. Is it fun or in the end just as boring as teh slotless ones. Have there been any mechanical problems and how long did Lionel offer that set?

Mario

1 - 15 of 15 Posts