Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1965 Cadillac Ambulance, made in England "by Lesney". Matchbox series No. 54, made in the 1960's. Found it on ebay. Paint was less than perfect, so I touched up the white, made the front bumper chrome, and made the tail lights red. Reminds me of Ghostbusters. This thing looks more like a hurse than an ambulance. But, it's kool. 馃槑
Wheel Tire Hood Vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Toy Motor vehicle Hood Car

Registered
Nice one. I like the touch ups you did to it. Back in those days Cadillac conversions were one of the primary ambulance sources. Ambulances and hearses were basically the same vehicles with minor changes. In many smaller communities long before specificized ambulance services, Paramedics and EMT's often times the local funeral home was also the ambulance service. It was basically a load and go operation with maybe some minimal first aid training in many areas. They would have a bubble light that would attach to the roof and the gurney in the garage - add those to the coach and off they would go. I grew up in one of those rural areas and my dad who was a deputy sheriff would often times be called down to the funeral home to help them make the conversion.

Here is a combo rig from Johnny Lightning

And a Color Comp custom using the Matchbox Cadillac Hearse casting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts