Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years back, I remember seeing a Street Race when I was just 12 out in Brooklyn with a cousin who was suppose be baby-sitter me....Long story short his friend were racing a 1966 Dodge Cornet that look like it came out of hell, all bang up, part prime and and part blue....but Loud!....When they rep it up it made people shake in their pant.....The most I remember is looking at his fender "426"....I didn't know much at the time, but when I was old enough to know what that meant, in 1979 I was looking to buy it off of his Friend, never did because in 1971, his friend was on leave from the Marines and went back to his base......1974 his body was return from Vietnam.....1979 his family moved to Ohio and was never since after that....Long story short, Like my Camaro and Mustangs I started to like collecting Mopars both Plastic & Diecast and posted here are just a few of my Coronet collection by GL.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
The green one with the dog dishes is my favorite too, but it's a Coronet, not a Fury.
But then I love the gold one, and the yellow one...
Great collection of Dodges!!!

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
The green one with the dog dishes is my favorite too, but it's a Coronet, not a Fury.
Dang! Made me look again. You're right! Hey, it's still a Mopar, I'll take it!

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks buddy! for helping out here too.....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Great castings! Great collection too. This was one of the original castings that sold ms on GL.
Indeed you're right, I went high and dry looking for them on GMB, SW and in CC online store to find them, can't say if any are left?...GMB is out of business, and cc only has the 65/67 and not the 66 (I Think).....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I wish GL would do some pillar sedan coupes and WO 23 super stock hemi and full body color rooftops instead the black tops and some ragtop up on the body instead drop they have the potent casting that needs to be release and a BB verison Dick landy and others in racers maybe in the future it's been a while since I seen a good 66 67 casting of the coronets and retool a four door and wagon for the police and taxi versions it would be great too see them just a boring dull colors what a waste of casting just sitting there I see more Mustang Camaros and chevelle castings its a gem that's needs to shine smhd damn sigh:confused:

·
Registered
10,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wish GL would do some pillar sedan coupes and WO 23 super stock hemi and full body color rooftops instead the black tops and some ragtop up on the body instead drop they have the potent casting that needs to be release and a BB verison Dick landy and others in racers maybe in the future it's been a while since I seen a good 66 67 casting of the coronets and retool a four door and wagon for the police and taxi versions it would be great too see them just a boring dull colors what a waste of casting just sitting there I see more Mustang Camaros and chevelle castings its a gem that's needs to shine smhd damn sigh:confused:
I agree on that notion Mr.68,..Good Point!:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts