Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An older 1/43 scale 1964 Mustang Pace Car made by Brooklin.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Looks good Stutz. I have a question about it. Did the decals yellow over the years or did they look like that when the car was new?

·
Premium Member
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zeb41 said:
Looks good Stutz. I have a question about it. Did the decals yellow over the years or did they look like that when the car was new?

Good question zeb. I can't remember! :p I took it out of the box yesterday to take a pic of it, so it wasn't exposed to light all those years. I honestly don't know if it was like that when I bought it years ago. Brooklin quality wasn't as good then as it is now. The quality doesn't affect the collectibility of these cars, just like TOPPERS and redline HW's from 1968.

I believe the Shelby Mustang pictured below was made in 1988. It was pulled because Brooklin didn't have the rights from Carroll Shelby.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I was just curious Stutz. Now I have another question. Is the Shelby 1:64, or is the one really big key!

·
Premium Member
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
zeb41 said:
I was just curious Stutz. Now I have another question. Is the Shelby 1:64, or is the one really big key!
The Shelby Mustang is a 1/43 scale Brooklin.

The key is a regular Ford van key. (I know, the key looks big) I guess it looks that way because the key is in front of the car. The car wasn't that far behind the key. :confused:

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
That's interesting. Now that I know that it's 1:43, I can't shake the idea that this car is parked at some roadside attraction called The Great American Key Museum and that key is out in the parking lot next to one of those giant Paul Bunyan statues.

·
Premium Member
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
StreetFreak said:
Hey STUTZ...NICE Stangs!!!:thumbsup:

I especially like the '67 Shelby fastback on the trailer. Where did you find the 1:43 scale trailer?

Great pics!
Thanks StreetFreak.

The 1/43 scale trailer is made by GMP. I believe GMP still makes 1/24 and 1/18 scale trailers. I bought the 1/43 scale trailer at a hobby store.

It came with a rack to put spare tires and wheels on it. I didn't use that option though.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
STUTZ, besides the nice cars, that trailor was a WICKED find! Ya just don't see things like that or 1:43 scale accessories very much around here.

GREAT Score!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Since there's hardly any new threads being started, or hardly any new posts being made, I thought I'd update this thread with a pic of the 1964 Mustang Pace Car that I found on the internet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts