Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To tell you the truth I don't really know the difference between the Impala and the Belair. Belair is more upscale, right? What do you get more trim or don't laugh a radio or air conditioner lol.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
DAN: Do a little search for examples, big differences. There were three full-size Chevys in 62, Biscayne, Bel Air and Impala. Biscaynes had rubber floor mats and plain interior trim, while the Bel Air was nicier and the Impala more deluxe yet. Same for the exterior, more mouldings and trim including tail lights. Big difference in roof lines. The cheaper 2-dr sdns had a formal look and the Impala had the new for 62 roof like AW makes. The Bel Air, like JLs, was available with the "bubble" top style which was a carryover from the 61 Impala.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DAN: Do a little search for examples, big differences. There were three full-size Chevys in 62, Biscayne, Bel Air and Impala. Biscaynes had rubber floor mats and plain interior trim, while the Bel Air was nicier and the Impala more deluxe yet. Same for the exterior, more mouldings and trim including tail lights. Big difference in roof lines. The cheaper 2-dr sdns had a formal look and the Impala had the new for 62 roof like AW makes. The Bel Air, like JLs, was available with the "bubble" top style which was a carryover from the 61 Impala.

I knew the Biscayne is the entry level. I like the rounded roof on the Bel Airs. I like these cars. Again I'm buying Chevrolet stuff and I'm a Ford Man but really you just have to love the old American Steel. We will never get to enjoy these types of cars again. I just love the old cars of the forties till the eighties. Mostly the fifties and sixties though. I'm looking at another Belair now on Ebay.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can someone help me with these?

Prefer the NHRA with the white steelies. I have an extra green one if someone needs it if that makes the deal any better.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I never saw the blue and white car, very nice. My father bought a new 62 Bel Air in silver blue, 6-cyl and no power steering. It was the car I used for my driver's test in 1963 (twice).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts