Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leave it to FUNLINE to break with tradition and issue, not an Impala, but a Biscayne. The only chrome to be found is on the bumpers. It has a three-speed transmission on the floor, with a bench seat. (There is no rear seat). At least its hubcap-less wheels are adjustable for two positions: low and lower. Though the baseplate is marked "MUSCLE MACHINES," this toy model was actually part of the Jesse James, West Coast Choppers series. It was not an easily available toy model in upstate New York. It is also one of my favorites from the last several years.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
This model is REALLY well done. Near perfect lines and proportions.
And like Tone says, it's cool because it's not the usual Impala, but a lowly Biscayne.
I've got a white one, blue one and a red one is my fave.
A little big for my preference at about 1:50th scale.
Thanks for the pix!

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I had a 4-door Biscayne with a 3 on the tree of this car. The thing was such a long car. When did this model come out?

I gotta find one of these babies. :)

·
Registered
674 Posts
The Jesse James cars from Funline were particularly difficult to find in the wild. There was a Ford Econoline van that I looked at for the longest time in the grocery store (some kid sprayed it with silly string), and when I finally made up my mind to get it, it disappeared. I hope it went to a good home. I didn't care much for the bikes they put out, and judging by the overflowing racks that lingered in the Dollar stores I don't think I was the only one. But the cars were exceedingly hard to find, and even now I only come across 1 or 2 at most at a time, and I have yet to find another Ford van.

Great find, even more if you like old Chevys!

·
Registered
674 Posts
CSCollectables lists: JJ04-64-17 '61 Biscayne Snow White and the blue in a different release for 2004, they also list that model in black and (unreleased?) red for 2005.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Yeah, i did forget about that one, even though I have it right on my wall above my computer. but technically, it's not a part of the West Coast Choppers series.
Still a damn nice piece, though.

·
Registered
674 Posts
This one's for Wes. Chopper Dave's "Death Van"
#JJ04-64-24
Thanks to you, EC, I should have a copy of the gray van and a few more JJ/WCC on the way from one seller. And as luck would have it I found two more today elsewhere very unexpected...that makes a record for me, 7 in one day. Anyway, I had to pass on the garish green Chevy pickup, it was just too much. But the rest are pretty cool. I don't know how I missed out on this part of Funline's lineup...

Gotta tell a little story. My dad worked for a delivery company when I was a kid, and that company had quite a few of these old Econoline Fords. I rode on the doghouse of more of these darned old Fords as a kid than anybody has a right to. Lots of fond old memories in them ugly lookin' old rattle boxes.

Peace.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Mu uncle had one of those Econoline pickups. Piece of crap, but it had tons of potential. Don't know what ever happened to it, though. And as much as I dislike Fords, I do like the styling of those old Econolines.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts