Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 1960 Fury from Racing Champions about 6 years ago. It was the basic 1/64 size, but was painted in nascar colors and had a racing interior. The body casting was excellent so I bought it to modify into a stock look. There were a few cars casted by RC that should have been done into good stock road cars, but never got that paint style. It was always racecar or cartoon graphics. I remember a Pacer was another one. If jl wanted to experiment with using old RC castings, this Fury would be a good one to start with. JL would need to cast a new base and interior. Are any of you familiar with this Fury casting? Is it worthy?? Will JL use RC castings in the future?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Was it a 1960 exactly.........coupe or sedan? I have the 4-door in teal, oxblood and maybe smokey blue, but it was a 1967 model year. I've only been collecting for about 4 years, so there have been several excellent RC castings that I have missed.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I remember the 59 Fury and the 67.

I see a 1960 listed for sale on a website. But I cant seem to remember it?

Plymouth Fury Coupe 1960 green 1993 Racing Champions 04805 $2.00

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
There were a few other 60's made . Most were in the Hot Rod series . That casting was also used as a Petty car I think .... I dont think JL would use that tool now , as the detail isnt up to todays standards . It still is a nice car though . I have a couple of them . The Pacer was made in the Mint Edition line , & was made in 2 or 3 stock versions . There was a lesser quality Pacer also made in a Speed Wheels type of line .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts