Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1960 Fury from Racing Champions about 6 years ago. It was the basic 1/64 size, but was painted in nascar colors and had a racing interior. The body casting was excellent so I bought it to modify into a stock look. There were a few cars casted by RC that should have been done into good stock road cars, but never got that paint style. It was always racecar or cartoon graphics. I remember a Pacer was another one. If jl wanted to experiment with using old RC castings, this Fury would be a good one to start with. JL would need to cast a new base and interior. Are any of you familiar with this Fury casting? Is it worthy?? Will JL use RC castings in the future?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Was it a 1960 exactly.........coupe or sedan? I have the 4-door in teal, oxblood and maybe smokey blue, but it was a 1967 model year. I've only been collecting for about 4 years, so there have been several excellent RC castings that I have missed.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I remember the 59 Fury and the 67.

I see a 1960 listed for sale on a website. But I cant seem to remember it?

Plymouth Fury Coupe 1960 green 1993 Racing Champions 04805 $2.00

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
There were a few other 60's made . Most were in the Hot Rod series . That casting was also used as a Petty car I think .... I dont think JL would use that tool now , as the detail isnt up to todays standards . It still is a nice car though . I have a couple of them . The Pacer was made in the Mint Edition line , & was made in 2 or 3 stock versions . There was a lesser quality Pacer also made in a Speed Wheels type of line .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts