Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the video show for you Dave? I clicked it a few times to see and all I got was blue! Any way, I've got some relation that went to Pikes Peak today and then I done some nosing around on you tube and found this. I thought it was way cool. M2?

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Saw the vid juss fine, Wildman!

Thought it curious that the front hubs didn't stick out like most 4WDs of that era. Maybe the hubs aren't of the locking type?

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Looks like a couple of station wagons beat them to the peak. :lol:

Thank you for posting that Wild Bill. That's great footage, and I love those old travelogue type short films. As for the locking hubs, I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing there weren't any. Full-time 4WD for those two trucks perhaps. Or maybe the hubs are hidden behind the caps?

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Great film. I bought that VHS when it first came out but haven't watched it in a few years. Love to see a full-form documentary of the event.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Nice vid, Wildbill. I love all those early Chevy training films...

:wave:

Wicked cool NapCo.
I don't get it, why don't the front hubs stick out?
Non-locking hub model???
Lum, I'm wondering if the hubcaps were made by NAPCO as part of the kit and were a deep enough dog dish to fully cover the front axle. :confused: Look at the close-ups on the video after the 7:00 minute mark - those do not resemble GM hubcaps. Also, early GM front wheel covers had a cut-out to allow the front axle to protrude; the rears had a GMC logo or Chevy bowtie...

:wave:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Hey guys,
Just looked at a ton of pics, and I'm more confused than even before about the caps.
Some pix they look factory, others not....:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts