·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 1/43 model of the following:

1957 Ford Fairlane convertible, preferably yellow
1972 BMW, maroon
1962 MGA Roadster, Robin's Egg Blue

If anyone knows of a source for these cars I greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Tom Lincoln

·
Registered
920 Posts
twendell said:
I'm looking for a 1/43 model of the following:

1957 Ford Fairlane convertible, preferably yellow
1972 BMW, maroon
1962 MGA Roadster, Robin's Egg Blue

If anyone knows of a source for these cars I greatly appreciate hearing about it.

Tom Lincoln
Hi Tom,

Not sure if anyone has done a '57 Fairlane convertible - you could have a look at Brooklin's back catalogue - if it's been done, they're a likely source.

The '72 BMW - could you be a bit more specific as to the type? 2002, 3.0 CS, E12 5 series?

Corgi / Vanguards amongst others have done the MGA - I've got a Corgi version with top raised in light blue, although mine represents an earlier '55 car.

:wave:

Steve

·
Registered
343 Posts
Brooklin did the '57 Ford in a very pale, creamy yellow - not the bright, sunburst yellow that may have been more popular (and what you probably want). This Brooklin, #35, was a top up Skyliner. Brooklin later made a top down Skyliner in black - #35A. Road Champs made a top down Sunliner in blue and white. It is a pretty model - with a continental kit. Vitesse made a yellow and black Sunliner - but it was a '56. If you can find the Road Champs model maybe you can strip it and paint it the color you like. - ranchero -

·
Registered
343 Posts
Here's another one - Brooklin did a special, commerative '57 Skyliner for some toy show with "Route 66" decals/tampos. It is a top up Skyliner. It is finished in that goldenrod/sunburst yellow. The decals/tampos will be hard to remove without damaging the finish on the model. Dominion Models in Virginia has one. - ranchero -

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Welcome to HT and the 1/43 scale forum twendell! :wave:

Jinx and ranchero have answered your questions on the models that you are looking for. I have four Brooklin 1957 Ford Fairlane convertibles in different colors, but none are yellow.

You might want to check the 'Bay for a 1957 Ford Fairlane convertible made by Brooklin that has chipped paint on the car. I've seen cars that have damaged paint sell for $20 or less. The cars are easily taken apart with a screwdriver. You can then strip the paint and paint it the color that you want.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Here's a pic of a 1/43 scale 1957 Ford Fairlane convertible made by Brooklin. If you can find one with scratched or chipped paint on the 'Bay for a reasonable price, you can strip it and paint it the color that you want. The chassis is easily taken apart with a screwdriver.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
You may want to paint your 1957 Ford Fairlane convertible in my garage. I'll take my Chrysler out so you can paint it. :p

Good luck in your search!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Mini Marque 43 did several '57 Fairlane convs , & other 57 Fords . Dont know if they did the color you want ... I have their 57 Courier & Ranchero .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts