Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
60sMetal said:
Cool. That actually looks a bit more to scale with the JL pumps.
I wish RC2 would put some 1/64 garage accessories in some of their blisters.

Actual 1/64 scale garage accessories that is!

·
Premium Member
13,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found this plaque in a storage box and thought that it was a worthy addition to this thread. The Beach Boys lyrics to "Fun, Fun, Fun".

·
Premium Member
13,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I thought this pewter silver plated '56 T-Bird fit in too. The '56 T-Birds are a favorite of mine.

·
Premium Member
13,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I recently found this Limited Edition Brooklin 1956 Ford Thunderbird from Miniature Cars USA in a storage box. I like this color better on this '56 T-Bird because it reminds me of one of my favorite car type movies ("American Graffiti"). I can picture Suzanne Somers cruising around in this '56 T-Bird with Richard Dreyfuss trying to meet her.

Mel's drive-in was a great place!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I like that white one, too. I heard Suzanne Sommers tell a cool story about American Graffiti. She was so broke before she got that part that she had to pay the toll to cross the Golden Gate bridge on the way to the audition by bartering a barely used lipstick with the toll attendant. Such a humble beginning for Lucas' iconic mystery blonde bombshell in the classic white T-bird.

I think that one of the best shots in the movie is the overhead view of the T-bird on the highway. Thanks for posting the photo; I'll be looking for that white Brooklin.

·
Registered
59 Posts
VERY NICE!! It's always great to pull a surprise out of a storage box. Thanks for posting such a fine automobile.

Roy in TX.

·
Premium Member
13,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck finding a white '56 T-Bird BluntFronts. When I look at mine, I think of "American Graffiti" with Suzanne Sommers driving that cool white '56 T-Bird.

It was a pleasant surprise finding this car in a storage box 2fab4u.

Thanks for the replies and nice words guys.

·
Registered
343 Posts

'56 T-Bird / Zee. At the time, Zee also used the name "Intex". This was a $2 toy from 20 years ago and the scale is around 1/43. The worst '56 T-Bird model I have.

·
Registered
343 Posts

This one is a '56 T-Bird from Tekno and is the oldest '56 Bird I have; it is from about 1960 or so and I bought it well used in France in about 1982.

·
Registered
343 Posts

This '56 T-Bird was released around 1990. It is from the Italian company Rio and was well done but it is hard to like the color.

·
Registered
343 Posts

Franklin Mint made a series of '50s cars in the late 1980s; this '56 Bird was one of them. It was nice for then, but the technology of models has by far eclipsed what FM did way back then.

·
Registered
343 Posts

And this is the final 1/43 die cast '56 T-Bird I can add to the forum. I got it just a couple of years ago and it too is a $2 model. The maker is New Ray. Certainly a lot better than the $2 Zee toy from 20 years ago.

·
Premium Member
13,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for adding the posts to the '56 T-Bird thread ranchero.

I have 5 or 6 Franklin Mint cars in 1/43 scale, but not the '56 T-Bird.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts