Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 1955 Chevrolet Cameo tow truck. I like the red, white and blue colors on this truck.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scrambler81 said:
It's a nice looking truck, but shouldn't you tell us who made it? ;)
Sorry scrambler81, I forgot. :confused: It's a Brooklin from England.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jinx said:
Great truck - didn't Matchbox do a similar series of Chevy & Ford pickups?

Steve
Yes they did Steve. They were clearanced at K-B a couple of years ago for $7.99 I believe.

I'll try to did a couple out and post a pic or two. They were a great buy! I wish I would have bought more.

Have a Great Weekend!............STUTZ

·
Registered
920 Posts
STUTZ said:
Yes they did Steve. They were clearanced at K-B a couple of years ago for $7.99 I believe.

I'll try to did a couple out and post a pic or two. They were a great buy! I wish I would have bought more.

Oh well, the Matchbox museum in Chester had the whole series about 6-7 years ago - I couldn't afford them - as well - I bought the 12 muscle cars instead......the Challlenger - purple.....yes....

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jinx said:
Oh well, the Matchbox museum in Chester had the whole series about 6-7 years ago - I couldn't afford them - as well - I bought the 12 muscle cars instead......the Challlenger - purple.....yes....

Steve, were the cars about $29.95 each? I was told at K-B about two years ago that they had the Muscle Cars, but someone bought all of them. At $7.99, I would have bought all of them too. The trucks and vintage cars were the only thing left when I got there. They were clearanced at $7.99 each around this time 2 years ago right after Christmas.

Those Matchbox Muscle Cars are really nice! I never bought any of them. I remember seeing them at the local toy shows too.

Please post pics of the cars that you have.

·
Registered
920 Posts
STUTZ said:
Steve, were the cars about $29.95 each? I was told at K-B about two years ago that they had the Muscle Cars, but someone bought all of them. At $7.99, I would have bought all of them too. The trucks and vintage cars were the only thing left when I got there. They were clearanced at $7.99 each around this time 2 years ago right after Christmas.

Those Matchbox Muscle Cars are really nice! I never bought any of them. I remember seeing them at the local toy shows too.

Please post pics of the cars that you have.

From memory, the muscle cars were about £18 a piece - I've no idea what the £/$ exchange rate was at the time, but, $30 would've been about right....$7.99 a couple of years ago....about £4.50....each....????

I've got a few days off work at the moment, so will take a few photos & post them.

Steve

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
matchboxtom said:
Here is the Matchbox casting.

Thanks for posting the pic Tom.

I have several of the Matchbom trucks, but I can only find one of them at this time. I found the all red AAA Chevy tow truck. They were a bargain at $7.99 each.The sticker is on the box with the $12.99 sticker before the markdown, and the original price is on the box ($29.99).

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
jinx said:
From memory, the muscle cars were about £18 a piece - I've no idea what the £/$ exchange rate was at the time, but, $30 would've been about right....$7.99 a couple of years ago....about £4.50....each....????

I've got a few days off work at the moment, so will take a few photos & post them.

Steve
Steve, this is funny. I went to the "World of Wheels" custom car show this past weekend. I found the Matchbox Muscle there for $15.00 each or 2 for $25.00. I bought the red 1970 SS Chevelle and the blue 1967 GTO for $25.00.
I left behind the Mustang (1970 I believe), the Roadrunner, the Studebaker, and a few others (maybe a 'CUDA). I never bought these cars at a diecast show or K-B. I was happy to find the two that I bought at the "World of Wheels".

I'll try to post pics of these cars and the AAA tow truck this weekend.

I'm so sorry that I didn't buy more of the K-B cars that were clearanced at $7.99 each!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts