Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having looked around at different sites and searching the different thread topics here, I embarked on the development of a 'catalogue' listing for all the 1953 Corvette castings available.

I was able to find and identify 3 types of castings made by Hot Wheels so far.

1) There is the 100% (true 1:64 scale) castings. Which have 2 white painted releases, 2 done in blue, a pale yellow, the red Tomarts version and a BWFs version from the Haulin Heat 4 pack. I also know of 4 different prototypes in private collections. The 2 released white ones are from different years with one have white walled Real Rider tire sets and the other using the black walled Real Rider wheel sets. Each one has different license plate tampo. The blue ones also come in a white wall and black wall Rear Rider versions.

2) Also from the 100% line up, but in 1:18 scale are a red, a white and a blue painted 1953 Corvette. Each of these has an exposed blower poking up through the hood cut out.

3) The last group is a Monster Jam (Truck) version. One is a done in light purple and called the Purple Sting. There is also a yellow one called the Vette King. And a purple to black fade one called Rev N Go Sting. Each of these ae fitted with the auxillary hard top and what looks like a large flat rear wing.

Feel free to add to the list or post photos of any other 1953 Corvettes you have or know about.

·
Administrator
26,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
1 - 12 of 12 Posts