Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The leg is now reaching the in hull stored position, The first brass rod slides under the top rail,leaving the rear brass rod in the open area. The leg is now free to swing up into the hull for storage. a Rc servo could operate the landing leg with no problem.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just got a few days to get back to the Luna project. I saw the model of the !/48 scale Luna rocketship by Masterpiece models that a gentleman built. Very nice build.I really like the size of the1/48 model, very impressive! If I had the room to display one, I to would get one, but I will have to stay with the 1/144 model. I did add some detail that was on the 1/48 scale model that I could see. According to masterpiece models the kit was taken from a mold from the movie prop. So I decided to add the two circles seen on the front of the ship. The lower cargo door up on the nose was cut out two make a working door that would open and close. A small drill bit was first used to start a hole in the middle of the door. A small file was then used to square up the hatch. I did make a small mold to copy the cargo door. Then a resin door was layed in the mold to build a new cargo door. The door was made to open and close by using a small hinge from a park flyer airplane. Here are a few pictures.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts