Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1949 Custom Mercury Wild Card Chase Version..

First, i want to thank rlyoung1, he gave me a good deal on this merc, i've seen tow trucks and camaros at the two wallys here that are carrying the wild cards, but no merc's at all..so i bought this one, it's a beauty..

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She's a beaut Craig :thumbsup:

She's also a 1949 Merc not a 1950
i have the red maisto next to it, that's a '50, it's freaking early! and one thing i like about this set is the non opening doors, i know most people count on those as a bonus, but on these cars, they look good..

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
OH DROOL!!! Sweet Ride there Craig, Congrats!:thumbsup:
Still hoping to find one of these, plus the non chase as well, in the "Wild" yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked up one also...but

Did anyone else notice this is just the "Drivers" Merc with a new paint job , and We have to pay A-T pricing ($5.87 for me ) for a $3.88 car! I would'nt have bought it but I managed to find the chase version which seemed to make it sting less (LOL) at the register. Your getting sneaky there Sean, I'll be keeping an eye on you (LOL), I do really like that '69 Camaro "Wild Card" in the new "Yellow", although I too think it would look better with Chrome wheels,so I'm gonna swap wheels with a Drivers Torino !

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Did anyone else notice this is just the "Drivers" Merc with a new paint job , and We have to pay A-T pricing ($5.87 for me ) for a $3.88 car! I would'nt have bought it but I managed to find the chase version which seemed to make it sting less (LOL) at the register. Your getting sneaky there Sean, I'll be keeping an eye on you (LOL), I do really like that '69 Camaro "Wild Card" in the new "Yellow", although I too think it would look better with Chrome wheels,so I'm gonna swap wheels with a Drivers Torino !
I honestly hadn't noticed, but you're right. Can anyone tell me: does it have a metal base or is it the same cheap plastic base they put on the Drivers? I probably will still buy them, but if they have the plastic instead of metal bases, etc., then I will definitely watch the pricing on them before I buy them and any others in the future.

And I usually like that the wheels are usually made to look correct for their era and have usually not felt the need to do any kind of wheel swap, but I have to admit, the idea crossed my mind on the Camaros and it may occur yet.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
it's shiny gold, but i'm not sure, let me lookie see..i have not looked..i looked..it's painted shiny gold, but i swear i read somewhere resin cast chassis..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts