Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a 1948 Tucker Torpedo made by Brooklin for the Tucker Automobile Club of America Convention held June 26th-28th 1992. This is the 2A (improved casting) casting. I didn't realize that I had this car going on 15 years. The Tucker was the second casting that Brooklin made. The first casting that Brooklin made was the 1933 Pierce Arrow. They were made in Canada before John Hall moved the company to England.

Preston Tucker died in 1956. I believe he was around 53 years old. He died from cancer. Preston Tucker designed this car to be a rear engine car with several safety features (disc brakes, padded dash, fuel injection).

In 1988 a movie was made about Preston Tucker's life and his beloved Tucker Torpedo. The movie was named "The Man and His Dream". I think I'll watch it again this weekend because of this thread. :p

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Great model Stutz - the Tucker is one of the few US cars I have, although, mine is the Dinky version.

Steve

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jinx said:
Great model Stutz - the Tucker is one of the few US cars I have, although, mine is the Dinky version.

Steve
Steve, if possible, please post a picture of your Dinky Tucker. I've seen them at toy shows, but I never bought one because I have 3 Tuckers made by Brooklin. I would be nice to do a comparison.

Thanks in advance Steve.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts