Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love the new M2 Trucks and can't wait to see what they bring out next.

I know the 1937-1939 Dodge Airflow is already a popular miniature in many scales as a gasoline tanker, but would very much like to see M2 make a 1/64 Box Truck version similar to the one Matchbox produced years ago.

A Box Truck version and then a Gasoline Tanker produced as only M2 can in 1/64 scale.

I do enjoy reading all the HobbyTalk articles.

Thanks to all you members for all the wonderful reading.

Dave

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
M2 could do a real kick-butt version of the Airflow truck. This is the MB 1/64 version that I have. MB also does a 1/43 model as well IIRC.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1938 CocaCola Dodge Airflow

Your 1938 Coca Cola Dodge Airflow looks nice.
Did Matchbox also do the Bud version in 1/64 scale?
How does your Matchbox Airflow compare in size and qualitywith the M2?

I am thinking of looking for a 1/64 Bud version and also having hope M2 will also produce this one.

Thanks again.
Dave

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Interesting but again this is a casting that would have only limited possibilites. The "Airflow" products were never well accepted by the public. The few trucks that were made were built as integral gasoline tankers. Matchbox took some poetic license offering versions of this truck that never existed.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Your 1938 Coca Cola Dodge Airflow looks nice.
Did Matchbox also do the Bud version in 1/64 scale?
How does your Matchbox Airflow compare in size and qualitywith the M2?

I am thinking of looking for a 1/64 Bud version and also having hope M2 will also produce this one.

Thanks again.
Dave
Dave, the Coca-Cola Airflow is the only 1/64 version that I've seen but somebody here more familiar with Matchbox would know better. It's a great truck with high quality construction and appearance. The wheels appear authentic and the tires are rubber. There are no opening panels and the parts count is quite low, so it's no M2 Auto-Thentics, that's for sure. The base is high gloss black plastic. Scalewise the Airflow is more in keeping with a Johnny Lightning than a bigger M2.

Hope you have success finding a cool Bud truck. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dodge Airflow

Just wanted to thanks everyone for all the help.

I do try to compare all my new purchases with my M2 trucks and my NASCAR haulers.
I can only hope in the future M2 will make a nice Dodge Airflow Box truck and yes a gasoline tanker, the Airflow was designed for both versions, and would be great.

I would also like to see M2 bring back the early days of NASCAR, cars and transporters.

Much Appreciated to HobbyTalk also.

Dave

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
As much as I would love to see an M2 airflow tanker, I imagine the price point would be higher than the standard Auto-Thentics due to material costs. Of course they could always do the "what-if" versions like they do with their COEs for variety.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts