Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is one of three Pierce Arrow Brooklin models that I have. The 1933 Pierce Arrow was the first casting that Brooklin made. Sorry that I can't post it at this time, it's been misplaced in a storage box somewhere. The second Pierce Arrow that I have was made for the 25th Anniversary of Brooklin Models. I quit buying Brooklin Models several years ago because the price of them kept going up and I couldn't keep up on the new releases.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's are pictures of the Pierce Arrow 1601 Sedan 25th Anniversary of Brooklin Models from a previous thread of mine.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Now, those are two very impressive models :thumbsup:

I must admit, I haven't got any Brooklin models, although, I do have about 15 of their Lansdowne range, which concentrates on UK cars.

Steve

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Steve. I've seen the Lansdowne cars at toy shows. They are nice cars too! I have really slacked off in buying any new 1/43 scale diecast cars, especially Brooklins. The new Brooklins are much more detailed than the older Brooklins. The small diecast parts (antenna, mirrors, hood ornaments, etc.) of the newer Brooklin Models are easily lost. In addition Brooklins Models are hard to find unless you resort to the 'Bay.

I enjoy pics of your diecast cars Steve. :thumbsup: It's great to see a member like you posting here! You have a very impressive collection! I have never seen many of the models that you have posted. While they are not in my realm of collecting, I do enjoy your pics and description of them. Keep up the GREAT JOB of posting pics of your collection!

Finally a couple of questions Steve. Do you have any idea of how many 1/43 scale diecast cars you have? How long have you been collecting?

Take Care!............Ray

·
Registered
920 Posts
STUTZ said:
Thanks Steve. I've seen the Lansdowne cars at toy shows. They are nice cars too! I have really slacked off in buying any new 1/43 scale diecast cars, especially Brooklins. The new Brooklins are much more detailed than the older Brooklins. The small diecast parts (antenna, mirrors, hood ornaments, etc.) of the newer Brooklin Models are easily lost. In addition Brooklins Models are hard to find unless you resort to the 'Bay.

I enjoy pics of your diecast cars Steve. :thumbsup: It's great to see a member like you posting here! You have a very impressive collection! I have never seen many of the models that you have posted. While they are not in my realm of collecting, I do enjoy your pics and description of them. Keep up the GREAT JOB of posting pics of your collection!

Finally a couple of questions Steve. Do you have any idea of how many 1/43 scale diecast cars you have? How long have you been collecting?

Thanks Ray.

As you say the detailing on Brooklin's various ranges has improved no end. This even applies to the Lansdownes I have - even though, the first Lansdowne appeared several years, after the start of the Brooklin US series.

They certainly have increased in price - the first few I bought were retailing at £38, they are now over £50.....

As for how many cars I have - well, I think I mentioned my CDs are in alphabetical order, so.....I keep two spreadsheets. The first is of the cars I have on order, or I'm going to order, with date of order & date of receipt. The second spreadsheet, is an alphabetical listing, by model company and then the model itself - there are 1,229 entries on it so far. It is not complete - I had a computer malfunction a little while ago - guess who did not have a backup :rolleyes: - I think there are another 60-70 still to load.

:wave:

Steve

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
jinx said:
Thanks

As for how many cars I have - well, I think I mentioned my CDs are in alphabetical order, so.....I keep two spreadsheets. The first is of the cars I have on order, or I'm going to order, with date of order & date of receipt. The second spreadsheet, is an alphabetical listing, by model company and then the model itself - there are 1,229 entries on it so far. It is not complete - I had a computer malfunction a little while ago - guess who did not have a backup :rolleyes: - I think there are another 60-70 still to load.

:wave:

Steve
That is a large collection of 1/43 scale diecast cars Steve! I do not have anywhere near that. I believe that I have 200+ Brooklins and perhaps 300+ various 1/43 scale diecast cars made by different companies. I sold about 200 cars several years ago. I still buy 1/43 scale cars, but I am very selective in what I buy now.

Perhaps you can answer my question about a CORGI Lotus that I have in the Vintage diecast forum. I bought this car last week. I love the new CORGI diecast cars. The Goldfinger Rolls is my favorite. They are very inexpensive and nicely detailed. I have a thread in this forum with a pic of the Goldfinger Rolls. I don't know if the Aston Martin was made in this new series from 2006. I never saw it, but I would love to have the Aston Martin if one was made in 2006.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
These are ..... well, gorgeous :thumbsup: It's always amazed me how the design of automobiles and the design of furniture seem to parallel each other...through every era, if the cars were round and plump, so was the furniture. In the sixties, cars got slimmer and more squared away...so did the furniture :p

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ClearHooter and SkipperC. I have a few other Brooklin Models car and trailer sets that I hope to post as soon as I can find them.

Steve's (jinx) collection is truely AMAZING!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts