Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
18" (TOS) AMT Enterprise Done

My next project is the 18" TOS Starship Enterprise from AMT to go with my jj-prise and the refit i just finished. Doing the little things to give it some strength that i will explain as i go.
So far i have started working on the secondary hull,added strips to the half's to give it strength and have putty up the seams.

Pieces added to strengthen up the seams:

Puttied:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 1st thing im going to say is that if your doing one glue tabs on everything,the butt joint system is not a good one it making life a lot easier with the tabs!
1st i reinforced the supports for the nacelles with solid stock to stiffen them up than i added glue tabs,believe me they are your friends here. Got the main body all sanded and the nacelles glued up and a coat of putty on them. And I also got the saucer section glued.

Added stock and tabs:

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
What do you call a bunch of dummies sitting around singing songs, eating fruit, and drinking diet cola?

The moron TAB and apple choir ! ;)

Sorry, all this talk of tabs brought that old joke to mind...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you call a bunch of dummies sitting around singing songs, eating fruit, and drinking diet cola?

The moron TAB and apple choir ! ;)

Sorry, all this talk of tabs brought that old joke to mind...
Its all good, I'm not a Mormon and i don't even like Romney!:tongue:

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
For every improvement they made to the molds, they also added another inaccuracy.

And they never did correct those three dimples on the underside of the saucer. :freak:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Early post today ,heading to see Roger Waters doing the wall tour tonight.
Last day of Va-cay for a couple mouths.Got most of the nacelles paint work done this morning.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did some detail on the front of the nacelles and added some missing detail to the main hull and got it painted a coat of gloss is next on them for the decals.

·
Registered
557 Posts
This is shaping up very nicely (and freaking fast :D), it's getting me hyped up to start on my TOS-E kit!

How did you do the series of little grooves on the detail part (last photo)? I'm doing a USS Grissom kit and there's a section that's supposed to have texture like that, but the part is all blurry and I'm wondering how tough it is to fix up.

·
Banned
3,969 Posts
Very good paint job on the Bussards.

As for that ring on the secondary hull, contrary to popular belief, it's the same color as the rest of the hull. It's just that at certain angles, the weathering made it look more coppery than it actually was.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is shaping up very nicely (and freaking fast :D), it's getting me hyped up to start on my TOS-E kit!

How did you do the series of little grooves on the detail part (last photo)? I'm doing a USS Grissom kit and there's a section that's supposed to have texture like that, but the part is all blurry and I'm wondering how tough it is to fix up.
Bought a sheet some time back from my local hobby shop, comes that way.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 58 Posts