Hobbyist Forums banner

What classes do you plan to run at the NYD? (Please only vote if you plan to attend)

1 - 20 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
17th Annual Spektrum New Year Dash - Rome/Oneida, NY - Jan 12-13, 2013

The dates have been set! Sponsor Info, class info, & more coming soon!

Mark your calendars!

Going to be another awesome rumble at the Kallet Theatre this year!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Everybody here's some updates on this year's event!

2013 classes:

TOUR Classes - all will follow TOUR rules package.
Sportsman Truck - 17.5 blinky
Stock - 17.5 open
COT - 13.5 blinky
Super Stock - 13.5 open
Pro Stock - 10.5 open
12th scale - 13.5 blinky

Track choice classes
SK Car
North / South COT

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hotel Info...

The Super 8 is on board once again this year, hooking you all up with a great rate of $59.99/night. Yes, that's the same price as last year! 315-363-5168 Mention code "CRC Race" to get the discount. The rooms are only blocked for us until 12/28, so get those reservations in!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once again, we got the ok from the Kallet to open up friday. The doors will be open 6pm - until about 9 - 9:30 at the latest for pit setup and sign-ins.

PLEASE do not arrive sooner than 6pm! The doors will remain locked until 6:00pm, not a minute sooner. there is nowhere to park, and you will cause all sorts of traffic congestion getting those workers out of that parking lot.
Also, if you're coming in to set up on friday night, please also sign-in for the race. This will save alot of congestion at the counter on Saturday morning and get everyone more practice time...

Practice - You are not allowed on the track for practice unless you have a wristband on. If you are on the stand without a wristband, you will be asked to park it until you get one. How do you get a wristband? Sign-up! Once your entry form is turned in and paid, you will get your wristband.

Doors open at 8am on Saturday morning.

one last thing about friday...

NO ONE IS ALLOWED ON THE TRACK. There is no practice friday night, none, at all. everyone will have the same opportunity for practice on saturday.

Thanks Everybody!

Oh, and one more reminder guys...

minimum ride height for 10th scale is 4mm. this includes North/South COT. if i remember correctly, there may have been some confusion on this last year as some North/South tracks are running 3mm?

1/12th is the only class at the NYD with a 3mm minimum.

finally, here's the entry form... Click on the image for a printable PDF version!

ATTENTION ALL BLINKY CLASS RACERS:

we have had a few questions over the past couple days about legal blinky software...

ROAR approved software is the ONLY LEGAL software.

Even though some manufacturers have multiple versions of blinky software that meet all of the requirements to be approved (or even were approved at one time but are no longer), it makes it incredibly difficult to train the tech people to look for all of the different versions &/or series of blinking lights. If there is only one per unit (as shown on the ROAR list) then it is much better for the tech people and in turn better for all of you knowing that we keeping everyone on a level field and nothing is sneaking through.

The questions that have come up so far are for Tekin (223 only), and for Castle (126 only).

If anyone else has any questions pertaining to the legality of their blinky esc, please reference the ROAR list here - http://www.roarracing.com/?page_id=737

Of course the one exception to this is the Advanced Electronics Black Diamond as TOUR no longer allows this in blinky classes.

Thanks Guys,
John

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
...and i'm even going to get to race this year. :thumbsup: If the wife is having another baby this January, she's on her own! :tongue:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
the only race anywhere that reserves driving spots for the floor drivers... i'll be there for sure! great event, great anouncing, comfortable surroundings and like matt said, biggest race outside of florida. over 50 entries in 17.5 open last year. hopefully i can run some 1/12 oval with you guys this year.

·
Registered
667 Posts
The dates have been set! Sponsor Info, class info, & more coming soon!

Mark your calendars!

Going to be another awesome rumble at the Kallet Theatre this year!
Scheduling my vacation around this race once again, hopefully we will have all of the guys from Buddy Boys there as last year, made the drive from Pittsburgh to join them and had an absolute blast, the crew from CRC run an outstanding event!

·
Lifetime Awesome
393 Posts
the only race anywhere that reserves driving spots for the floor drivers... i'll be there for sure! great event, great anouncing, comfortable surroundings and like matt said, biggest race outside of florida. over 50 entries in 17.5 open last year. hopefully i can run some 1/12 oval with you guys this year.
LIES !!!! you dont even own rc equipment anymore hahahaha :jest:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
i got rid of so much stuff and still have more than enough to go racing... my plan back fired lol

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Mark your calendar, don't miss this one! For us it's been awesome for the past 4 years every year there are more drivers, bet we hit 200 this year. Definitely will bring back the Cot Spec Class, it's so competitive, I'm ready making my reservations now

Bob T:wave:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
17th Annual New Year Dash

Scheduling my vacation around this race once again, hopefully we will have all of the guys from Buddy Boys there as last year, made the drive from Pittsburgh to join them and had an absolute blast, the crew from CRC run an outstanding event!

Count me in! 17.5 Nastruck and 17.5 TOUR Stock.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hopefully we can take a trip back home this winter, and on top of that make it to this race! It would be my first time, so hopefully Ill make it up there 17.5 Nastruck!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
these guys tape off a spot for the floor drivers... youre gonna have to sit on my shoulders dave lol

1 - 20 of 324 Posts