Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received update number 8! Some really good info - really chomping at the bit for this kit now more than ever!

As I'm at work, I just skimmed it - can't wait to give it a good solid read this evening.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Well, we waited this long...

In the meantime, I saw the Model Man's review of the kit and I must say: "WOW!"

It makes me wonder though, what kit in this scale could Round 2 put out that comes remotely close to this one?

Dave

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I think Jamie explained a while ago why they don't all go out at once. I could be mistaken, but I think there was mention of that.

Mine will probably come latter today.

November release date is fine.

·
Banned
718 Posts
Well, we waited this long...

In the meantime, I saw the Model Man's review of the kit and I must say: "WOW!"

It makes me wonder though, what kit in this scale could Round 2 put out that comes remotely close to this one?

Dave
As far as I'm concerned?

A "McMaster" Romulan, complete with landing gear, shuttlebays, etc, etc. This kit would be just slightly shorter than the primary hull on the TOS 1701, with a wingspan approximately the same as the TOS 1701 as well. Yeah, the "repop" Romulan is... nice for nostalgia. And I know that REL apparently made a pretty decent resin kit (though on the videos I've seen of it, it seems maybe just slightly oversized?) which was eventually replicated as a poorer-quality vac-form version. But a Romulan in this scale would be a "reasonable sized kit," would be relatively easy to tool up (especially compared to the Enterprise, or the Klingon, anyway!) and would be the first ever release, on a commercial basis, of an accurate Romulan Bird of Prey.

I'd likely buy two... one for the "as seen on screen" version, and the other to be built gear-down, bays open, with little men around it, in a diorama (probably I'd use an aircraft landing-strip base I've already got as the base), with a few custom "service vehicles" added in.

I really, really want an injection-molded, "McMaster-accurate" Romulan. Now that we'll have the Enterprise in "able to be made perfect, with a little elbow grease"... the Romulan is the single biggest "wanna have it" kit for me.

EDIT: Here's a place where anyone unfamiliar with McMaster's version of the BOP can check it out.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/romulan-bird-of-prey.php

By McMaster's calculationsthe Romulan BOP measures about 66 meters (216.5 feet) long and 90 meters (295 feet) wide overall. That makes it a rather small ship compared to the TOS Enterprise.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
These updates are cruel! :lol: A little closer....it won't be long now....soon, very soon....etc.

So close, yet so far. :eek:

Not sure how much longer I can hold me breath. :drunk:

We're all a bunch of 1701 vultures waiting to pounce on our prey. :devil:

HAL9001-

·
Modeler's Brand
2,376 Posts
I don't know if the vid reviews will be mentioned in the update though. This was a last minute thing. I haven't gotten my update, noon PST.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I still havent seen my email yet. This is almost as gut wrenching as waiting for my actual kit to get to me. Too much suspense. I dealt with enough the last 2 weeks, seeing if the Eagles would pull out the wins

1 - 20 of 180 Posts