Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am looking to move up to this class listed above at my local track. I am currently in the novice stock class (27turn and 4600 Nimh). I wish there was a true stock class but this the next step in progression at my local track.

They have:
Kids stock 27t 4600 nimh
Novice stock 27t 4600 nimh
17.5 Truck Open motor and Open ESC Roar 1C Battery
17.5 Nationwide Open motor and Open ESC Roar 1C Battery
13.5 Sprint Cup Open motor and Open ESC Roar 1C Battery

I have a Novak GTB 4 cell esc. Assoc R5O (Ordered the Rogue Racing Full kit this week)

What would you suggest for moving up and being competitive. I race because this is fun and winning isn't everything to me. Doesn't mean that I don't want to be competitive though.

Will my ESC work or will it be a significant disadvantage in this class. I know most of the class is using: Tekin RS, Tekin RS Pro, Mamba 1S etc.

I see several TP and Novak Ballistic Motors.

Look forward to your suggestions. I know I would need to purchase Brushless Motor, 1S Lipo, , Receiver Life, and probably a new ESC?

Thanks so Much for your time!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Are they running 0 timing or open timing.if its open timing I would run a Tekin rs or pro there is 3 for sale in the for sale section for 115 used.In 17.5 open timing I would lean toward a Thunder power motor.

Think you made a good choice in up dating you chassis to the Rouge.

Jake

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am looking to move up to this class listed above at my local track. I am currently in the novice stock class (27turn and 4600 Nimh). I wish there was a true stock class but this the next step in progression at my local track.

They have:
Kids stock 27t 4600 nimh
Novice stock 27t 4600 nimh
17.5 Truck Open motor and Open ESC Roar 1C Battery
17.5 Nationwide Open motor and Open ESC Roar 1C Battery
13.5 Sprint Cup Open motor and Open ESC Roar 1C Battery

I have a Novak GTB 4 cell esc. Assoc R5O (Ordered the Rogue Racing Full kit this week)

What would you suggest for moving up and being competitive. I race because this is fun and winning isn't everything to me. Doesn't mean that I don't want to be competitive though.

Will my ESC work or will it be a significant disadvantage in this class. I know most of the class is using: Tekin RS, Tekin RS Pro, Mamba 1S etc.

I see several TP and Novak Ballistic Motors.

Look forward to your suggestions. I know I would need to purchase Brushless Motor, 1S Lipo, , Receiver Life, and probably a new ESC?

Thanks so Much for your time!
1. Motor- Thunderpower
2. Battery- OHP
3. ESC - Tekin rs pro
4. Last but not least practice practice practice. Work on chassis setup corner speed is a must. I would be more than happy to help you if you need it. Dont be afraid to ask some of the fast guys for a little guidance.:thumbsup:

Phillip

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Frontosa:
i would ask your track owner what he thinks about mixing 13.5 no timing with 17.5 open systems. Doesn't seem like they are too serious anyway and both are identical in speed. That would save you from buying a new speedo. Then go to www.rcspeedshop.com and order a Trinity D3.5 13.5. If you do buy a speedo just get the Mamba Max Pro 1 cell verson. No need in spending the extra money on the Tekin unless u really want space saving, even then I'd go with the Novak. Mamba runs just as good for cheap. It's a blessing to not want to win every weekend, stay that way as long as you can, brother!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Frontosa:
i would ask your track owner what he thinks about mixing 13.5 no timing with 17.5 open systems. Doesn't seem like they are too serious anyway and both are identical in speed. That would save you from buying a new speedo. Then go to www.rcspeedshop.com and order a Trinity D3.5 13.5. If you do buy a speedo just get the Mamba Max Pro 1 cell verson. No need in spending the extra money on the Tekin unless u really want space saving, even then I'd go with the Novak. Mamba runs just as good for cheap. It's a blessing to not want to win every weekend, stay that way as long as you can, brother!
+1 on everything he just said. Couldn't agree more. Don't forget, the battery is worth more to you in the race than the speedo. I can run any speedo (tekin rs, MMP, novak) and run identical lap times start to finish, but When I go from 5000mah batt to a 6800 mah batt, There's a .2 second difference in the final 20 laps. Just my .02 :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts