Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Running a R5O for the first time this weekend in TOUR Truck.

Got a question for you fast guys.

Run the battery all the forward for weight on the LF; all the way back for weight on the LR; or does that all depend on the truck is handling?

What's a good starting weight for the LF/LR?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Running a R5O for the first time this weekend in TOUR Truck.

Got a question for you fast guys.

Run the battery all the forward for weight on the LF; all the way back for weight on the LR; or does that all depend on the truck is handling?

What's a good starting weight for the LF/LR?
I would think forward is where you would start. I would start the LR out at around 12.5 oz and go from there. Move the battery back in you need more turn into the corner and move it forward if you need more turn coming out of the corner. I am sure you will need a bunch of weight too, so that is also something to consider once you are on the track.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coupla other things I wanted to consider:

Tekin or Mamba ESC? Have read that the Mamba has more for "out back" (at the end of a run) than a Tekin.

What about: Thunder Power 17.5 motor vs. the Trinity Duo3?

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Coupla other things I wanted to consider:

Tekin or Mamba ESC? Have read that the Mamba has more for "out back" (at the end of a run) than a Tekin.

What about: Thunder Power 17.5 motor vs. the Trinity Duo3?
thunder power & tekin roll-out about 4.30 to 4.40 to start with. i will be there if you need anything.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Jimmy, You may want to check into the ESC issue. I have heard (and read) the best ESC set @ blinky mode are the Novak Oval 1s spec or the GTB2 (X-Drive)

Neither one is cheap. I would see what the guys at your local track are running.

May change your whole idea of what class you run since something like the Mamba still runs good in open ESC classes.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yes I did

I did too, even though the rules didn't make us I ran straight tour rules leading up to the first of the year then I changed over to any tires/battery and didn't see much of a change.....:dude:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jimmy, You may want to check into the ESC issue. I have heard (and read) the best ESC set @ blinky mode are the Novak Oval 1s spec or the GTB2 (X-Drive)

Neither one is cheap. I would see what the guys at your local track are running.

May change your whole idea of what class you run since something like the Mamba still runs good in open ESC classes.
Already got two ESC's (the Tekin and the Mamba). Wife ain't gonna let me spend any more $$$ for a while ;)

I know one guy's using a HobbyWing, at least. And he's the *fast* guy that everyone's chasin' ;)

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Already got two ESC's (the Tekin and the Mamba). Wife ain't gonna let me spend any more $$$ for a while ;)

I know one guy's using a HobbyWing, at least. And he's the *fast* guy that everyone's chasin' ;)
I dont know anything about the hobby wing. I will look into it. Is anyone running the Novaks I mentioned against him?

I would like to have a 0 timming speedo for the 13.5 spec class. BUt I am not into spending 150-170 for a new ESC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts