Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an Integy 16X5v6 charger, and noticed that during both charging and discharging, the amps falls to zero for about 5-10 seconds. This happens periodicaly during both. :drunk: Does anyone know if this is normal?

Thanks
Easy

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yup

I have a 16 X 5. What you are seeing is VESC . It stops charging for 3 seconds each minute for the first 6 minutes. This helps greatly reduce false peaking.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about on the discharge cycle? I would think this would screup any numbers you would get if trying to track cells/packs if you don't use the same discharger all the time.....

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
My numbers come out the same each time...

You can't compare them to a CE.

If these chargers only had motor run, they would be the only chargers in my pit.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, realy great charger, but I use more than 1, and with the "pause" of the discharge, the numbers will not match my Turbothirty (with printer port for paper copies of the graph, which I use to compare battery results).

Easy

H

·
0 Posts
Nothing to be concerned about as long as numbers are relatively the same each cycle. I purchased 2 16X5DC chargers, and the 16X5v6 in March. Even tried some of their 2400 & GP3300, had go results so far.
Their numbers are rather different than the norm but performed just fine in 19T 4cell racing.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
David Root said:
I have a 16 X 5. What you are seeing is VESC . It stops charging for 3 seconds each minute for the first 6 minutes. This helps greatly reduce false peaking.

What if it keeps doing that after the first 6 min ??? I'm trying a new one out and it does that through the entire charge on a GP3300 4-cell pack.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I thought it was supposed to do that throughout the entire charge. I picked up my 16x5v6 a few weeks ago, and its a great charger.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
I just got a reply back from Integy tech on this issue -- here is what they said:

======================

It's normal for the 16X5v6 to pause every minute, the unit measures IR during this
time and the process allow more energy pack into the battery pack before the full
charge detection is reached.

The older model 16X5 pause during the first 6 minutes only.

Best Regards,
Bill @ Integy Tech Support

=======================

1 - 9 of 9 Posts