Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
I have never heard anything about that before.
I did some looking around on the internet (what would we have done without it?) and it seems that these do not show up very often if at all.
They were given out at events that Ed would be appearing.
If it is real it would be worth that price but seeing that repro stickers are available and an original blue Redline AMX can be found in very good condition, I'm a bit skeptical.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did some looking around on the internet (what would we have done without it?) and it seems that these do not show up very often if at all.
If it is real it would be worth that price but seeing that repro stickers are available and an original blue Redline AMX can be found in very good condition, I'm a bit skeptical.
Me too.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
That's just what I was thinking. A white interior/blue custom AMX in mint shape would be very easy to make into a Ed Shaver one and as clean as that sticker is it does make you wonder.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's just what I was thinking. A white interior/blue custom AMX in mint shape would be very easy to make into a Ed Shaver one and as clean as that sticker is it does make you wonder.
40 year old paper doesn't look that good.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
I loves me some redlines and vintage cars, but I could do a lot of other things with $1500. To those who buy it and can justify it, all the power to you. On that note, if I were to buy it, I would want it authenticated somehow.

·
Registered
218 Posts
There's a single HW on eBay for $500,000.00. Seems to be very old and rare.

I don't even know what to say about that...

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts

I know the one your talking about, that purple Byfocal. I just saw one that Sid Belzberg, the co-author of the "Elite Redline Guide" that I use, sold on the bay for $3800.00 the other day and it was as nice as the $500,000.00 one or nicer.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts

I do. It will never sell at that price, especially if one that was just as nice sold for less than 1% of that price. Rear-loaders don't even bring that, last I checked. Somehow, I think that purple Bye Focals are not as rare as ol' boy is making them out to be, either.

And 1970AMX is right about 40-year-old paper. If the Ed Shaver AMX were authentic, I'd expect to see some yellowing on the decals (unless it was stored in a hermetically sealed bubble, away from sunlight and anything else that could damage the decals).

Both of those auctions seem pretty fishy to me.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
how are all the other stickers gone, but the one left to "prove " what it is, is MINT?...bahahahah, i got a scanner and decal paper, send me a blue amx, Craig, i'll make this for you.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Was'nt it P.T. Barnum that once said 'There's a sucker born every moment'! I agree, It should start for that amount. Also for that price shipping and insurance should be free. Just my thought's.:confused:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Yes it was P.T. Barnum that said that.
He also said a fool and his money are soon parted. Holds true on this one as well.
You can get repro decals on line as well. I looked at them yesterday and the sheet also has racing stripes that go on the hood, roof and trunk as well as two other decals besides those.
For that amount you should also get a letter stating it is authentic.
I still think it is a scam.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts