Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......I got married to an awesome woman!! She not only understands my diecast collecting but she feeds the habit!!!

I get home from work today, walk into the living room and see this. And here happy anniversary. :hat: :eek::woohoo:

She went to 4 different Walmarts repeatedly over two weeks just to find one of these still sealed. Just for me! If that ain't love!

Here's the bounty. No supers but I couldn't of asked for more.

Even the cat got in on the fun

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
That cat looks like a WL in a HW box. Neat surprise

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Happy 13th Anniversary Steve.... 2nd pic of the Cat looks like he's gonna attack the camera... It's that evil eye he's giving

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Awesome present. Congratulations and :hat: Happy Anniversary :hat: to you and your wife, Steve...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:wave:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Lucky Thirteen!

Congrats! :hat: Hope you and your wife can make it in October. I'll show you the hobby area my wife set up for me in my basement.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
That's some woman you've got there! I'm curious if your present back could even compare haha.

Congrats!

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Wow, we have the same wedding anniversary, 6 years here!! My wife gave me greatest present as well, i get to live another year!!!

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
wow they let her buy a sealed case.if i tried that at my wallys and they pissed their pants and said noooooooooooooo you ca'nt.it turned out to be a huge fight with the mgt and toy the hag.i ended getting into it anyway....lol.nice gift from your wife though congrats:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks fro the kudos and the anniv. wishes all.

You should hear what she went through to get it. Long story short. 4 Walmarts said no we don't sell sealed cases. 1 Walmart she was told that don't have sealed cases because they have to open each one to make sure they got everything (aka we pull all the good stuff when it comes in). All told her she had to order it online at wally.com, of which you can not do. She had some other dealings with corporate Wally. And, finally returning to one Walmart found a manager and asked for a sealed case. He said "we don't sell them by the case" she replied "why not it's a guaranteed sale of 72 cars" and he came back with "You're right. I don't know why not". Which at that time he went out back and brought back what you saw in the pic. Gave it to her and she went happily on her way. And, yes that is the short story. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts