Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are thinking to go to a one cell class out west and are choosing a motor
Now that you guys have had a chance to run the 13.5 1c class with the mamba esc how dose the speed compare to the pre mamba 21.5 2c the class
I'm hearing it's about the same?

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'll let others comment but with the new mamba I think we were only 1 or 2 laps off 21.5 speed at the HCOT tour race yesterday. Even though its getting way faster than I can handle unfortunately, 1s still seems to make tires last longer for me. More about the momentum than the grip it and rip it(speaking of john daily hes skinny now lol)

·
Premium Member
8,569 Posts
Down in FL at the turkey race @ Minreg, 13.5 Mamba equipped cars qualified with the same number of laps as did 10.5 1C. The 10.5 1C cars qualified without the Mambas and then in the main some guys stuffed them in their cars so they could win and they did. The three that did it finished 1,2 3. If you are looking to slow down a bit from 21.5 and you track is going to allow the new speedo's I would suggest that you look into the 17.5 motor. i bet there are tons of used ones available.
We are thinking to go to a one cell class out west and are choosing a motor
Now that you guys have had a chance to run the 13.5 1c class with the mamba esc how dose the speed compare to the pre mamba 21.5 2c the class
I'm hearing it's about the same?

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Taking the speed control out the fast 13.5's are about the same as mid pack 21.5's. Biggest difference is that the 13.5 doesnt have rip off the corners. It is all about the line you are driving and how little you slow down in the corner. So it is a different driving experiance. The 13.5 often feels slow as you dont change speed that much. Often my 13.5 car is faster out of the corners, but then I get passed at the end of the straight.

John

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I would say that if you were running the 21.5 with a 3400 orion compared to a 13.5/1s with open battery and speedo they are about the same, and the 13.5 might even be faster in the right hands.

·
Registered
6,611 Posts
can comment on the 13 vs 21 but I can say this 10.5 1c with a mamba is the same speed as 17.5 2s (lrp novak tekin) and 13.5 1c is about a little over a lap faster with a mamba over a tekin.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for everyones comments we have decided to go with the 17.5 to maybe slow it down a little
but there are some that think that will be to slow but we also decided that if it was to slow that we could switch it up to 13.5 if needed. It would be easer to go forward in speed then back ward

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and see we are going to use the stock bodys
annd no spec stuff might pick up some speed there

1 - 10 of 10 Posts