Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm wondering what timing should be set to on motor left it at N the factory setting like i had been told and not getting good results. I'm 3 to 4 tenths off the pace a lap I've ran the tekin RS and Novak Gtb and see no difference. Gonna stick with gtb for now since i had to send tekin back because it just quit on me anyway any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
sent pm

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
2,288 Posts
I also think the timing stickers is in different spots... I really dont think all are same... What I'm getting at is try it in different spots and gear it to it... I have two different 13.5's and they both run the same (rollout/temp), but timing is in complete different spots...

Has anyone esle seen the same thing with the stickers?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Jeff
The Answer You Are Looking Is In Your Chassis , Im Not Knocking Your Set Up I Have Watched Your Car Alot Its Not In The Carpet If Its Skating The Rear Tires Threw The Corner Its Not Going To Have Any Drive Off The Corner
If U Work On That U Will Notice A Difference

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Setting the timing on the motors is one of the final procedures. Therefore, the factory placement of the timing label will vary slightly from motor to motor.

Steve prepared this answer to various timing questions/comparisons between our SS Pro motors and our Ballistics:

The range of timing adjustment on the SS motors is limited and somewhat inconsistent. We set the timing to approx 30 degrees as we currently do on the ballistic. Your "average" range of adjustment on the SS series of motors was from about 15 to 45 degrees... This is the reason why we made the timing label on the ballistic reflect these particular values.

Some SS motors will not allow for this amount of adjustment however: the tolerances among the stator, rotor, and sensor could build up in either direction to allow for more than a total of 45 degrees possible or less than 45 degrees possible.

Performance differences between the SS and Ballistic teardowns is generally attributed to differences in rotor strength, but there is one design attribute that differs between the SS and ballistic that may also contribute to the difference in performance: The air gap between the sensor assembly and the rotor itself.

This gap is relatively small on most of the SS series of motors and was increased on the ballistic motors. When tested on the dyno this difference in air gaps to the rotor resulted in changes that were similar to running different timing values. A bigger gap acts like more timing whereas a smaller gap acts like less timing.
I also think the timing stickers is in different spots... I really dont think all are same... What I'm getting at is try it in different spots and gear it to it... I have two different 13.5's and they both run the same (rollout/temp), but timing is in complete different spots...

Has anyone esle seen the same thing with the stickers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts