Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking into getting into 12th scale carpet racing based on your on experince please recommend a car crc,associated,corally,pros and cons parts availabilty are important thanks.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I would go with an associated to start - easier to work on and learn the very basics you need to improve your driving.

Many of the other cars have a lot more tweak and adjustments that tend to lead a person to get frustrated because they can not dial the car in.

I have tried a crc and did not like the side tubes and when you hti something by accident of course it would make the chassis out of wack and tweaked.

Just a few thoughts - I believe associated cars are cheaper also in the long run.

mike

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just look at all the top drivers in all the major races. Mostly CRC's. Also if you break something they ship out FAST! With the CRC carpet knifes you don't need to have saddle packs either.

·
Used to be racer......
4,210 Posts
I personally have only run 1/12 scale for a couple years now but like the t-bar cars myself. I know others may disagree but it just seems they are more durable in the long run. I don't very often check the tweak on my RC12L3 but when I do it is always pretty close whereas a friend that has a new CRC Carpet Knife has to check the tweak almost every race or it's off. Those little tweak springs just don't seem to be a real good idea either. :freak: Good cars and handle well but I just like the Associated cars better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts