Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I thought occasionally I've heard of the later blue one with no windows.
Maybe sort of rare, but I'd bet other examples of the earlier green one with no windows exist.

Edit: I think I may have figure out why some have no windows.
I checked mine, and there are no rivets to hold the windows in place, so some may have fallen out durring the assembly process.

I think my brother's #12 blue Land Rover has no windows.

I'd like to hear from SMS88 or someone who knows much more than I do.

By the way, I think the green color one is far less common. Seems like I'm allways tripping over the blue ones.
I have about 6 and had more. They must have made millions of 'm!

I'd love to find a nice dark green one, that's a great color.
Have a couple gold Superfasts, those look neat too.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the green one was the first version in 1965 (http://www.vintagebritishdiecasts.co.uk/1index/xx12c.htm). I thought it was quite a cool one to come up for auction because the paint seems to be flawless and the rivet is fine. I've dealt with this seller a few times and they're very good and reliable so I guess for ten dollars less I wouldn't hesitate. For 35 dollars I'd expect a box, no matter what condition. Guess I'm getting a bit picky now.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I have no idea what the rarity of this green Rover would be and don't care.
Or whether I would pay 35 bucks for it or not - okay probably not. But it sure seems to be in nice shape.
I would be tempted just for the condition of it.

But like Kiwi said, I would expect a box with it for that money, and I don't even collect cardboard.
15 dollars less and I would consider it.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Glazing can be easily removed with a duck taped screwdriver without marking the paint.Otherwise this is a very common model,mint loose its hard to get more than $10-15 for one.One to leave imho:dude:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
****, what do you think about the missing glass??? (the main point of the topic? "error")

Errors of omission are worthless when they can be easily repeated at home unless still sealed in a Lesney blister.As I said before,its easy to remove the windows either with a screw driver or by carefully popping off the base and refitting it.This toy is worth max $5,no shortage of these in this shape here....

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Allways look forward to your posts ****.
You're a wealth of information and we're lucky to have ya! :wave:

Find anything good lately? Haven't seen you post in your "Recent Finds" thread in a while.

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely passing on this one then. I believe it to be a genuine error and not a manipulation but the price is just too much. My ambulance and Cortina cost less than that and they were minty fresh with a minty fresh box. So that settles that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts