Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't understand why we need 12 ounces of gas tank And 60 inches of gas line We do not run green flag stops so its crazy So what is the reason So I need information

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
BD -- I wondered the same thing. So I asked that very question, I picked up the phone, called Mike Sadler and got the scoop.

Basically this was asked by the Sprint Car racers. The reasoning, at least to me, makes sense, but seeing as I have never run a Sprint Car it never occurred to me.

At the start of the 75 lap main for Sprints they run several warm up laps, they require more laps than most classes due to the 4" wide RR tire, but once those laps are run and they come in to top off, most that was gained in warm up was lost, not to mention picking up all the trash down pit road.

Now to make things uniform the tank would be able to be increased in all classes. The other classes are already allowed 60" of fuel line, so no change there. It would be a change in Spints seeing as they are only allowed 30".

The way I understand it, it would read "up to 12oz.", if that is they way the rule reads, unless you are running one of the bigger tracks, no need to change.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay I understand that for the sprint cars What they should did that for sprint cars only

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Maybe so.

I look at it this way, at least there were members that took the time to send in suggestions for us to make decisions on.

Keep in mind that, I did not know this either, that some of the bigger tracks (+600) would benefit from this as well in the other classes. At my track, LPR, it will not make any difference at all, but at Clover I do notice using more fuel.

Also look at it this way, there is a YES and a NO, for that question. Don't like it? Vote NO.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I know I have the option But what is funny is I talk to to sprint car driver yesterday In lansing michigan About it yesterday and they said no they did not want it

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Yes I know I have the option But what is funny is I talk to to sprint car driver yesterday In lansing michigan About it yesterday and they said no they did not want it
That is the great thing about the voting, they to can vote NO.

These are mere suggestions by RACERS that they think will benefit the racing. Just like the other questions on that ballot.

Want Joe as Co-Chair then vote for him, DC, then vote for him.

These are what some racer took the time to suggest be put to a vote. Nothing more, nothing less. Agree with them or not, vote for them, vote your opinion. That is one of the great things we have here in this country, the right to vote.

But whatever your opinion, VOTE and send it in. That is what will make QSAC even better. When WE the RACERS get involved.

·
Banned
3,672 Posts
I don't understand why we need 12 ounces of gas tank And 60 inches of gas line We do not run green flag stops so its crazy So what is the reason So I need information
Does any one really read the rule book . You tell me whats wrong with this thread ?

FUEL SYSTEM (11.12.05)
1. All classes will use a maximum 8 oz. capacity fuel tank.
2. All classes are limited to a maximum of 60 inch total fuel line length which includes a maximum of two .125 inch ID x .50 inch OD x 1.25” long fuel filters, fill, feed, return and vent lines. Tubing located inside the primary fuel tank is excluded.
3. The fuel system must be filled and vented on the right side of the car. The car must be fill on the right side due to safety issues and vented on the right side to allow overflow fuel to be discharged toward the pit wall. (12.19.10)
4. As an option, a maximum 2oz catch tank may be installed on the primary tank vent line. The catch tank may not have a fuel pick up mechanism.
5. All fuel lines and filler lines must be .125 inch maximum ID.
6. Only one vent line and one filler line permitted.
7. Refilling bottle shall be a 1-quart maximum size. Manual pressur-izing only during refilling

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
No you tell us!

This thread is dealing with the QSAC ballot and the questions on it. These questions are suggestions by the MEMBERS that they think would make the racing BETTER.

Just as you have lobbied for rules changes in the past, these members have done the same.

What is wrong with the questions on the ballot? I bet if you had suggested them you would be just fine with them.

It really is simple, if you do not want to change the rules that are suggested just vote NO.

Sheesh!!!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Does any one really read the rule book . You tell me whats wrong with this thread ?

FUEL SYSTEM (11.12.05)
1. All classes will use a maximum 8 oz. capacity fuel tank.
2. All classes are limited to a maximum of 60 inch total fuel line length which includes a maximum of two .125 inch ID x .50 inch OD x 1.25” long fuel filters, fill, feed, return and vent lines. Tubing located inside the primary fuel tank is excluded.
3. The fuel system must be filled and vented on the right side of the car. The car must be fill on the right side due to safety issues and vented on the right side to allow overflow fuel to be discharged toward the pit wall. (12.19.10)
4. As an option, a maximum 2oz catch tank may be installed on the primary tank vent line. The catch tank may not have a fuel pick up mechanism.
5. All fuel lines and filler lines must be .125 inch maximum ID.
6. Only one vent line and one filler line permitted.
7. Refilling bottle shall be a 1-quart maximum size. Manual pressur-izing only during refilling
While I cannot read Freddie's mind, I "think" I am of similar mindset on this one.

It is not mandatory that you have to run 60" of fuel line, it just provides the option to run the 60". The way I read the rules, it is an option with a maximum of 60" allowed.

Regards,
Joe

·
Registered
669 Posts
Before we start throwing things at other, it was not stated in the original post that this is one of the opinion questions in the ballot that is just going out. Not everyone has received the ballot yet. Relax and remember to vote and vote often.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I run a old style sprint with the fuel tank in the tail tank . I don't want a bigger tank because it's hard enough to get the tail tank over the 8oz. fuel tank . Something to think about ..........

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
it would be a racers option to run a bigger tank if you have alot of cautions like at algona and you run out of gas then you would wish you has 2 more oz.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
FWIW..

Page 28 in the Sprint car rules:

FUEL SYSTEM
Maximum 8 oz. capacity fuel tank and will be mounted within the perimeter of the main frame rails.
All fuel lines and filler lines must be .125” inch maximum ID.
Maximum fuel line length of 30 inches which includes a maximum of two .125 inch ID x .50 inch OD x 1.25” long fuel filters, fill, feed, return and vent lines. Tubing located inside the fuel tank is excluded from this measurement.

Just so that all the info is out there.

·
Premium Member
4,940 Posts
Yep, I realized he was not questioning the current rule but looking for reasoning to the suggestion on the 2013 ballot. :wave:

·
Registered
754 Posts
When you go vote in your town for mayor or who ever there is always some extra stuff to vote on that the ballot or ideas or thoughts they ask you about. Why the blank does everyone always assume there is some hidden agenda or conspiracy theory? My god you people complain that we don't communicate, we don't listen, we do nothing. Then when someone steps up and put some members thoughts out there you still complain. 60" of fuel line would be great for the sprint cars. But if they vote no then it stays the same. Ok I also believe that none of this was to be set in stone one way or another. It is a way to get people thinking. I would suggest that we all think a little bit. As far as I'm concerned what does it really matter the reasoning? OUR leadership had some ideas along with members and it was put out there. What do you want them to do call every single member and ask permission to put something on a ballot? This crap is getting old fast.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
I received my ballot this weekend at the Lansing track. The club secretary was there and distributed ballots to the racers that showed up. On it was a place to vote for the next Co-chair. I made my selection. Below that were some suggestions for changes to existing rules and or suggestions for new rules. These were sent in by members trying to improve or clarify our rules.
Now let me explain something right here. The only issue here that you have a definite say in is the Co-chair election. However the votes go, then so be it. The man with the most votes wins and is the new co chair for a two year term.
Now the other items below that will be decided upon by the co chairs. They are put on the ballot so you may express your opinion and wishes to the co chairs. They will look at the results of these items and decide what will be best for the sport.
If you see something that needs attention then send in a rule suggestion via the form in the back of your rules book like these people did.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Fred.....I did suggest the rule change to Scott...."sprint cars MAY use up to a 12 oz fuel tank" no one is suggesting you need to change. If you were at Algona and ran in the B main this year you would have seen the leader run out of fuel with 2 laps to go...I had only enough fuel left for a couple more laps.....it was a caution filled race with a lot of stopping on the backstretch while things got sorted out ....it was just a mess of a race....to top that off, the fuel bottles were put away at the start of the race.

Now about the fuel line length...at Ingalls, we were told the max fuel line length was 30"....I had never heard of that before but that's what was said....I had thought it was over 50"......because of the structure of our races, I don't care if a car has a 200 ft. fuel line....there is no advantage.

Larry

·
Premium Member
5,385 Posts
I submitted the longer fuel line length back in 04 or 05 in writing. It was (i think) 30 inches then, but it was changed to (i thought) 50 or 60 inches across the board. I think the 30 inch max listed on the sprint (QSAC Rule book) page#28 just needs updated / changed.

With the tank in the front and filler in the back 30 inches was just way too short on the sprints. At least on the Pro1 cars.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts