Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older 12 hp I/C briggs and stratton on a Snapper, was running when i parked it and now it won't fire. I cleaned the magneto contacts and flywheel contacts, but still no fire. Any suggestions??? Help me if you can:confused:

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
Isolate module from tractor by unplugging the kill switch lead wire, retest for spark. If still no spark, then post back with engine model, type and code numbers. If you have spark with the wire unplugged then the problem lies in the tractor, post model and sn from your
Snapper and we can proceed from there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isolate module from tractor by unplugging the kill switch lead wire, retest for spark. If still no spark, then post back with engine model, type and code numbers. If you have spark with the wire unplugged then the problem lies in the tractor, post model and sn from your
Snapper and we can proceed from there.
2817107 0162 87111411 numbers on the engine, disconnected the black ground and everything except the positive cables on the solenoid, no spark from the module at all.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
2817107 0162 87111411 numbers on the engine, disconnected the black ground and everything except the positive cables on the solenoid, no spark from the module at all.
Take the module off and clean the mounting contacts on both the engine and ignition module, reinstall and reset air gap to around .010". Retest for spark, if still no spark, then a new module is in order. Briggs Part Number: 398811

1 - 6 of 6 Posts