Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
360 Posts
Okay, let's dispel some myths. 1/12th 4-cell mod is actually faster than 1/12th 6-cell stock. The added voltage doesn't make up for the extra weight with only a stock motor.

1/10th Pan cars are infinitely easier to wrench on and 10 times more durable than TC's, they're also WAYYYYYY faster. Now, on a narrow carpet track a 10th Pan Car with a ten turn is really tough to drive, but on a track wide enough to cleanly race TC's on they're not that bad.
Our track (god I miss it), was 88'x45' if I remember correctly, and Doseck had no problem wheeling a 9 dbl equipped Switchblade 10 around the roadcourse. To be honest, they're actually easier to drive than 1/12th cars if the track dimensions are proportional. I mean way more rubber, wider track, longer wheelbase, and more downforce!? How can that be more difficult to drive?

:devil: Now, 6-cell 1/12th mod, that's a whole different can of worms! :devil:

· Registered
360 Posts
Dan the Man said:
Carpet, hmmm? Some of us are racing on parking lots. Dirty, low-quality parking lots.

Therein lies the problem!! I'll tell ya, nothin' handles a dusty parking lot like a T-Maxx. I absolutely hate racing in dusty, crummy parking lots. I have actually raced 1/10th pan on decent paved parking lots. We just laid down a little 40%Orange Soda, 60% water with a garden sprayer, and we were dialled in.

I also don't understand the "mystery" of pan car tuning. The adjustments are no different than those on an off-road car. Heck the rear end is even simpler on a pan car. I dunno, I've run just about every type of electric vehicle, and the only thing I've ever really struggled with set-up wise is LTO cars on concrete. Oval tuning is just too complicated. :devil:

· Registered
360 Posts
Greg: Unfortunately, it would cost me at least a dollar to put together a 10th GTP Car, so my broke heine would probably be unable to participate. It's unfortunate because they do keep your skills infinitely better tuned for 12th scale season than TC's do. Maybe if Brucie has an old Roadkill10 layin' around, I could play on a limited basis. :devil:

by the way guys: I LOVE MY NEW JOB!!!! Surfin' on the net when it's slow is definitely the greatest of the "lesser" fringe benefits.

· Registered
360 Posts
They were definitely fun to watch. Brought back memories of my early racing years, Giant cars on a not so Giant track (the original config. at the Gate). It's tight, but I remember racing 4-cell 1/12th in 4 ft. lanes, so it's all relative.

· Registered
360 Posts
I know that Rob Michael won 6-cell stock with a Corally SP12G3, I think the lap times were similar, but I'm pretty sure the Mod guys still turned more laps in the 8 min. span. I don't know 100%, because I wasn't there, but that's what I was told.

I've had the opportunity to drive 6-cell stock, 4-cell Mod, and about 12 laps of six-cell Mod,(before I turned the six-cell Mod car I was driving into shrapnel), and my overall impression was that the six-cell stock car was, just as quick accelerating out of the corner, but lost a little steam compared to the 4-cell Mod car once the Mod motor stretched it's legs. Plus the 4-cell car could be driven far deeper into the corner, than the 6-cell stocker. I dunno maybe it was just my driving style. :devil:

· Registered
360 Posts
Taz_S said:
2004 On Road Nat's Pro 10

I am in so who else sent there in

1. Tim (taz_s) Stiles

I'd be happy to attend, if not for the fact that the organizers are running TWO exhibition classes and NO 12th scale stock. I feel 10th pan should stay and BRUSHLESS TC should be removed in favor of 12th stock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.