1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK folks time to get this things started

THE 10th ANNUAL SPRING FLING

DATE May 1st and 2nd

Practice on April 30th doors open at 4pm practice as soon as track is setup Racing on May 1st for Oval doors open at 8Am racing starts at 11am
Racing for Road Course on May 2nd Doors open at 8am and Racing starts at Noon

WHERE
St. Ignace Middle School
West 429 Portage St.
St. Ignace, MI 49781

More info to Follow

Wanted to see what ppl thought about doing a 2 day event and carry over to Sunday Maybe do Oval only on Sat and do road course on Sunday

Also this might sound weird but I am also planning a Magic The Gathering Tournament for Friday night too It will not interfere with pit space or track space at all

Post up any and all comments

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
OK folks time to get this things started

WHERE
St. Ignace Middle School
West 429 Portage St.
St. Ignace, MI 49781

More info to Follow

Wanted to see what ppl thought about doing a 2 day event and carry over to Sunday Maybe do Oval only on Sat and do road course on Sunday

Also this might sound weird but I am also planning a Magic The Gathering Tournament for Friday night too It will not interfere with pit space or track space at all

Post up any and all comments
i like the idea of a 2 day race with oval on sat. and road course on sun.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am also planning in a Warm up race the Sunday before to test out the layout for the oval

Also everybody needs to bring something to put on the tables for a pit towel as we will be using the tables the kids use to eat on everyday. They have the attached fold down seats but I know some are to big to sit in them like that Me included so we do have fold up chairs there and other tables if needed

Also do we want a prize raffle or just a 50/50 for it
As always with the Spring Fling every entry will get a Door Prize

Later and Happy New Year

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

DATE May 1st and 2nd

Practice on April 30th doors open at 4pm practice as soon as track is setup Racing on May 1st for Oval doors open at 8Am racing starts at 11am

·
Premium Member
6,312 Posts

DATE May 1st and 2nd

Practice on April 30th doors open at 4pm practice as soon as track is setup Racing on May 1st for Oval doors open at 8AM racing starts at 11am
Casey, I think you need to change it from PM to AM

RC

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK Folks back to talk time
We all had a Blast at Fred's No lets see who can win SST at the Spring Fling
We started out wit BC Short track Champs Than went to a bigger track at Fred's for the State Oval Champs
NOW the 3rd leg of the tracks to THE BIG 200'+ drive line Oval

We will see if Mel on Head can dive in for the win Or see if The Yooper might just come away with it all for himself and I mean Me not Joel

State Champs showed us some close racing with 7 ppl all less than .7 sec away from each other and the 8th person only 1.2 secs form TQ Now that was close racing

Classes to get ready for on Oval

SST--- SST Rules apply and will strictly be enforced
10.5 -- MP rules apply I will post those up later
Open Mod-- THIS means Pan car chassis,OPEN Motor and Batteries If you want to run a 4s 3.5 go for it
Super Stock Truck-- 13.5 brushless motors Foam Tires
Stock truck -- 27 turn Brushed motor or 17.5 brushless Foam Tires
Novice --- 27 turn Brushed motor or 17.5 brushless or 12t Titan (No red dot allowed) Rubber tires
Stock Short Course--- This is as close to box stock as you can be. NO RED DOT MOTORS. 27t Brushed 17.5 brushless or stock Titan 12t. Stock Tires, NO PROLINE SUSPENSION KIT,
Mod Short Course -- Foam or stock tires allowed Must be a Short Course Truck Kit
Legends-- Marcy Rules LINK WILL BE POSTED
Slash 4x4 This is Box Stock Slash 4x4 Kit NO other Company allowed
Any others will need 5 PPL pre-signed and Paid to have enough to race
Some classes talked about 17.5 Buggy, 13.5 Buggy, Mod Truck, Mini and ???

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
13.5 in a Buggy is pretty fast for them if set up right remember with a 200'+ drive line track you can gear pretty big in 13.5 and be extremely fast
If we have 5 that pre sign up for it we will run it So Get Jay, Brandon, I know I might be able to get 1 to run Mod Buggy but I would really like to have 10 in 13.5 Buggy than 5 and 5 in the 2 classes

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am also doing a $5 discount for Sundays Road Course race if you race Sat in the Oval
That means for each class you race Sat you get $5 off a class Sun.
So if you race 3 classes Sat and only 2 on Sun you get $10 off not $15
Any ? post up

·
Registered
946 Posts
13.5 in a Buggy is pretty fast for them if set up right remember with a 200'+ drive line track you can gear pretty big in 13.5 and be extremely fast
If we have 5 that pre sign up for it we will run it So Get Jay, Brandon, I know I might be able to get 1 to run Mod Buggy but I would really like to have 10 in 13.5 Buggy than 5 and 5 in the 2 classes
ya i agree you could only use half of the mod so thats a good idea.

·
Premium Member
8,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tyler you want to go up? if so stock,mod or super stock buggy?
The 13/5 is the Super Stock Buggy Class That will be the one that has the best competition in it.

We will have Door Prizes for every person that is entered As always
And will be doing a 50/50 drawing
Normally we give away over $2000 in prizes every year

We are also doing a Magic the Gathering Tournament on Sat May 1st This is going to be ran be the Owner of Wargames of the North

1 - 20 of 38 Posts