Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK at first in the series I could not find anything at the stores and now I can go any random day and find a "chase" car lately. So my thougts originally were wait until its a 3/5 at KB.

I think they made about 10k of each car and since this board has how many hard core members that are actually chasing them?????? OK so you are stuck with a few more and its not the kind of car Joey at TRU is going to ask mom for since its Toms choice.

So since Chung Lee at the factory now has to get rid of them are they showing up more in cases then before (Rob, Gary, Phil, Joe)

Also, why not offer them to us JLCC members and maybe even a set in that nice 10th Anniversary Display...suck us in like the brand X guys!

OK just my thoughts!

R

·
0 Posts
It has been 1 in each inner since April or May... I still haven't seen any in the wild

Sherry still has 2 of the 10th Anniversary cases left, but only a couple different 10th cars

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
I am chasing these big time. I buy every one I see "in the wild." I'm waiting for the WL Challenger to show up on the bay. Curious to how much it will fetch. In 05, who knows? Maybe they WILL be offered. No, this isn't a teaser because I honestly don't know. :)

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I'm collecting the 10th anniversary cars. I haven't found many in the stores but I have friends helping me out (Thanks StreetFreak!!!)

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
besides the Fest H/O Olds, the only one I have is the Ecto. Wasn't too thrilled with most of the castings they chose. The Duster is cool, but I can live without it.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
midtown said:
besides the Fest H/O Olds, the only one I have is the Ecto. Wasn't too thrilled with most of the castings they chose. The Duster is cool, but I can live without it.
I didn't luck out on the H/O, but I only really wanted three of the others, the Hobby only Camaro, 63 Corvette, and Mustang. Still waiting on the Mustang.

I've seen more Dusters (5) on the pegs than all of the earlier 10K inserts combined. Only ones seen on pegs are one Draggin Dragon, two '33 Fords and one '63 Corvette and that's it. All I bought was the Corvette and one Duster for a friend.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I'd like to see the 20 regular issues in 2 different 10 car box sets. I know it would take the chase away, but at least we'd be able to get them.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I just want the Mustang!!! I've found the '33 Delivery, Lil Red Wagon, and Cuda(didn't buy it). But I NEEEEEDD that Mustang! I liked the vette too, but doesn't look like that's gonna happen. :lol:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I suggest making them easier to find, period.
How can I celebrate 10 years of Johnny Lightning if it's a hassle to get the party favors?

It's like having an easter egg hunt for 500,two year olds,only there are seven eggs and they're hidden 20 feet up into the trees.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I found two ( Cuda and Draggin' Dragon) in March in one week. Then nothing till six weeks ago when I found four ( '33 Delivery, Duster,Corvette and Mach5) more. Seen two Vettes at a Wal Mart yesterday and left them. I think the scapers are not making as much off of them as they thought. I would gladly pay for them through the club.

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
I have quite a few (15), However I seem to have found quite a few Little Red Wagons! I figure I'll use them for traders for the (5) I'm still looking for!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I haven't found one.
But I sure would like to. I too would really like to get the Mustang.
Hope that it isn't wishful thinking and that I will actually luck onto one.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have been hunting since the release. Their is allot of scalpers around here one splits profits with guy from HL.So almost anything is hard to find I found his stash one day wile he was at pegs and he was pissed. Said He ordered the case in Just happened to be opened with two WL in it.
I have #2 vicious Vette #3 Hemi Cuda #5 Nomad #9 Little red wagon#12 Camaro #13 ford delivery #14 Nomad #15 Duster #16 Cyclone
I think they should make a Bonus car for members only.

R

·
0 Posts
crash1mac said:
I think they should make a Bonus car for members only.

How about a #1 Custom GTO in orange and a #20 H2 Hummer in pewter????? Johnny Lightning Collector Club Member's Only E-Store or 1-800-MANTIS8 to order. Available right now!!!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
THanks for the correction
I was thinking a White for club members or a bonus car. Only make as many as their are current members.Im ordering the exclusives today from store.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I've found 13 so far i bought 6 off the bay and found 2 doubles the dragin dragon and the 33 sedan i found 3 of and i gave one to a customer in wallys
turns out she and her husband are famous in the JL community :)
I have #3 had # 2 i raoked a friend with a cuda like it have #4 have #6Xs2
have #9 have#11 had ##12 raoked a fellow camaro nut have #13xs2 #14 # 15 # 16 and # 17 i hope to finish the set someday just because there cool.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts