Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the interest is on these cars. I bought the first one I found (Little Red Wagon) more for trade bait than wanting it. It's a nice casting, don't get me wrong, but wouldn't have bought it otherwise. I was in a hobby shop yesterday & passed on 4 different 10th anniversary cars, so I got a little curious as to if people are buying these are not.

Mike

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
I have seemed to notice that most collectors here have unique interests and preferences. Some like Firebird's, some like VW's, Some like Chevrolets, etc. etc.
It is difficult to collect everything out there, Some collectors go after Coca-Cola for example. "Not many PT Cruiser collectors". The tenth anniversary cars will have two Johnny Lightning Club member only cars, six hobby shop only cars, and One or two cars that will be hot items possibly? ECTO, and Speed Racer may be tough to grab?
If this type of collection suits you, go for it! If not, Try another release of cars that may interest you a little more? What really matters is you collect what you feel you will enjoy! Good Luck, Al.

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
When I heard about them at Fest 03, I decided to that it would be a cool addition to my collection. Some have been hard to find. So far through good friends and trades with other members here I have been able to get them all. with the exception of the 33 Panel. I am hoping to find it at Fest 04 next month.
With the sale of PM, I think the complete set will be even more collectable and special.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
I saw a few of the "hobby only" about 4 months ago at a local hobby shop, and passed. I've only seen the 'Cuda and Lil' Red Wagon in retail stores.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't collect many complete series and in the tenth Annaversary line I only picked up the Visious Vette, Color Me Gone Funny Car and the Little red wagon !! Show Stoppers and the Funny Car Legends are about the only Complete series I have collected complete ! I am working on the Daragsters USA on and off ! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts