Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question 1:

Being new to this forum you'll have to excuse my ignorance but what on Earth does mopar mean?

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
A chase car is a limited production variation of a car in a series, randomly inserted in normally distributed cases. Manufacturers want collectors to "chase" them, hoping that it will increase traffic in the diecast aisles or hobby stores.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A chase car is a limited production variation of a car in a series, randomly inserted in normally distributed cases. Manufacturers want collectors to "chase" them, hoping that it will increase traffic in the diecast aisles or hobby stores.
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was a reference to a cop car! :D

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
This person has some legtimet questions, let's keep it on topic and not fill it with fluff

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I think that is an English term for a car like a station wagon. Lots of space behind rear seats.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Yes, like Atencio said, I believe that is a British term. I haven't really heard any car called an estate in the US. About the closest would be a car sold at an estate sale, which is when a person passes away and they sell their worldly goods...that sale is called an "estate sale." Such sales often include cars.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think that is an English term for a car like a station wagon. Lots of space behind rear seats.
Yes, like Atencio said, I believe that is a British term. I haven't really heard any car called an estate in the US. About the closest would be a car sold at an estate sale, which is when a person passes away and they sell their worldly goods...that sale is called an "estate sale." Such sales often include cars.
Thanks guys. I just assumed it was a Yanky term but the poster must have been a Pom.

Cheers boys. :)

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
That mean the member is a "Hobbytalk supporter" and they have paid to help support the site.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
-A more detailed answer is like the "Larrys Garage" cars, the chase car would be one with Larry's initials engraved on the bottom of the car that is supposedly done by Larry Wood himself.

-The M2 chase cars are all black and gold colored

-The Hot Wheels Classics chase cars have real rider tires:wave:

Even I learned something if the "chase" name really means they want collectors to chase the collectible cars down. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Question 5:

In reference to diecast models does the term livery refer to the colour/paint scheme of a model or something more?

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
It refers to a distinctive or uniform appearance of, let's say, a how particular race teams adorns their cars, for example. The look of the Sox and Martin race cars would be their liveries. It can also refer to the way UPS paints their vehicles, as another example. Fedex, USPS, city vehicles (police, fire),....You get the picture.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Tampos are the printed images put on the cars. Not painted on.
The "Clue" and "Monopoly" are a good example. They can be removed without harming the paint. It is used to seperate or enhance different makes.
I must warn you... It it a no-no to remove these from a "Black With Flames" car though!
Just kidding.
:wave:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts