Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Interesting indeed!!

This listing has me thinking. With Dash Dan and Harrison Woodrow both working on re-pop Tjet chassis, will the value of the remaining NOS Aurora level out, keep rising, or actually drop due to the influx of chassis into the market place? Provided the re-pops run good, and are the same dimensionally as the original, I would assume the NOS stuff will at the least level out. Granted, the collector types and some of the race guys (depending on rules) will still cling to the true Aurora chassis, but if the new stuff runs as good or better, the rest of us will be in T jet heaven, with lower cost (?) chassis to mess around with. I have heard no new news regarding either re-pop as far as a release date. I think those responsible are hanging in there until NOS chassis hits a certain $$$ level before the new stuff hits the racks. This way their chassis can be competitively priced, and still be a profitable venture for them. Bring them on Harrison and Dan!! We're ready!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
The price will continue to rise till it wont sell. There will always be collectors who want to refresh a good old car to like new. Just my opinion, but the price is reasonalbe just 12 per chassis.....

·
Banned
1,963 Posts
This listing has me thinking. With Dash Dan and Harrison Woodrow both working on re-pop Tjet chassis, will the value of the remaining NOS Aurora level out, keep rising, or actually drop due to the influx of chassis into the market place? Provided the re-pops run good, and are the same dimensionally as the original, I would assume the NOS stuff will at the least level out. Granted, the collector types and some of the race guys (depending on rules) will still cling to the true Aurora chassis, but if the new stuff runs as good or better, the rest of us will be in T jet heaven, with lower cost (?) chassis to mess around with. I have heard no new news regarding either re-pop as far as a release date. I think those responsible are hanging in there until NOS chassis hits a certain $$$ level before the new stuff hits the racks. This way their chassis can be competitively priced, and still be a profitable venture for them. Bring them on Harrison and Dan!! We're ready!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:
The originals will always be that. For good or bad. No one will be able to take that away. Because of that, the NOS Aurora chassis will always have a market, whether that market is collector, racer, hobbyist...

Regarding my venture, the magnets are out and are being well received. They've been approved for the 2010 Fray, which is something that we are really happy about. If interested, check out this review posted this week by Tom Bowman:

http://www.bat-jet.com/webspot/dash-test.html

The armature is being tested as we speak and looks real promising.

Dan

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I plan of grabbing some magnets after the holidays, Dan. Arms too when they come out. The holiday and my kid's birthday wiped me out!! I didn't think NOS chassis would drop in price. Just a thought that if the demand slows for the NOS stuff, the price may not escalate as fast as it has been...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
The Dash magnets are a deal at the list price, better still at the bulk pricing. Pool your resources with your racing buds to get the bulk order. No need to cannibalize your JL/AW TJets or pay $3.50-$5.00 a pair for already picked through JLs. My on-track experience with the DashMags on TJets and A/FX non-mags has been very positive, especially on the older and looser A/FX non-mags with slouching original magnets.

Bring 'em on Dan.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts

Dan

Man.......I can't wait to get my hands on some of these!! I wonder how fast I can make them go??? :freak:

I know.....I'm just a silly gearhead!!

Jim Sgrig

·
Registered
245 Posts
The real ones will fall in value. Thats what happened to AFX cars when they were knocked off. The white Javelin and Blue Chevelle come to mind. They really took a beating after they were repoped.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
With Dash Dan and Harrison Woodrow both working on re-pop Tjet chassis
I had heard that Dash was working on a T-jet chassis (and the HP-7 ???), but was not aware that Harrison was going to rework the ThunderPlus to make it a 100% compatible match with Aurora. That is great news on all fronts.

I just checked the MM site and the last update was back in June, and the projected/target date for the new chassis was this fall. We all know that things don't always work out the way we want, but if Harrison was projecting this fall, they'll hopefully be out before next (northern hemisphere) winter. And won't that be great!

I do remember the ThunderPlus was dimensionally off a bit from the original Aurora. Does anyone remember what was "off"?

Thanks...Joe

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
yes

I do remember the ThunderPlus was dimensionally off a bit from the original Aurora. Does anyone remember what was "off"?

Thanks...Joe
The wheelbase was slightly off and the gearplate & chassis dimensions were slightly off... It was close, but not quite right...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Back to the box of 100 chassis...

The per chassis price on this listing is not far off the mark for an end consumer who wants or needs 100 chassis. However, the more likely buyer of these would be a reseller. To turn a decent profit a reseller would have to sell these for around $15-$16 each, which is higher than the current market will bear. The current market price of a regular NOS chassis is right around the asking price for these so if you are looking to turn a profit you'd have to sit on them and wait for the price to rise due to limited remaining inventory. The question then is whether it will rise in light of some of the current activities previously mentioned.

The other potential (likely?) player is Bob Beers and whatever investment supporter he have around his TJet chassis project. I'm sure you recall the sudden buzz of activity around Bob's speculative investor fishing expedition several months ago about building a new chassis. That exercise went quiet very suddenly. Did the reality of having to deal with dozens of pseudo partners set in, interest go away, or a single and easier to deal with deeper pockets investor show up? Could be anything, but I wouldn't count Bob out of the TJet picture any time soon.

If that E-Bay listing was for 10 chassis at around the same init price I would be interested. But I don't need 100 of them.

·
Villain
4,632 Posts
sorry, if i'm buying 100 chassis, I expect a better deal. I go to the shows and pick up used ones for 6-9 dollars, they always clean up and run just as fine if not better.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I'm thinking $1,200 is about right for a box of 100 originals; that's $12 per chassis. Ten years ago that might have been too high, but as the supply dwindles, the price goes up. Prices at the shows I attend are usually around $13-$15 a piece. Put a body on that chassis and you (most likely) are under $20 a car. Not a bad deal for a car with an original Aurora chassis which will probably last your whole lifeltime.

Joe

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
Just a year ago, a case could be had from JAG hobbies for 950.00, with a single chassis for 11.50. I realize the supply is dwindling, but a single can still be had for about 12.50. A case for 1200.00 is steep for a bulk purchase.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,708 Posts
Actually, the $12 per chassis would be a decent price for a club purchase. If you get 8 or 10 guys to go in, then no one has to crap out the full $1,200.

·
Registered
658 Posts
What do you guys think a good price for a case like this would be?

Does anyone know of anybody who might have them in bulk for a good price?

Thanks
Brian A

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
.09 cents per chassis would be a good price.

Bob of Bob's Hobby Shop in Watervliet, Michigan told me a story. Back in the 70's, Aurora would have sold Bob 30,000 Tjet chassis at .09 cents per chassis. He didn't have the $2700.00 to make the deal.

Aurora wanted to get rid of the surplus because of the A/FX non-mag and Magna-Traction chassis.

Randy.

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
QUESTION FOR Mr_Aurora aka BOB BEERS......

The other potential (likely?) player is Bob Beers and whatever investment supporter he have around his TJet chassis project. I'm sure you recall the sudden buzz of activity around Bob's speculative investor fishing expedition several months ago about building a new chassis. That exercise went quiet very suddenly. Did the reality of having to deal with dozens of pseudo partners set in, interest go away, or a single and easier to deal with deeper pockets investor show up? Could be anything, but I wouldn't count Bob out of the TJet picture any time soon.
:wave: Hey Bob... Are you still in the chassis game as some now speculate ?? nd

·
Registered
658 Posts
Bob of Bob's Hobby Shop in Watervliet, Michigan told me a story. Back in the 70's, Aurora would have sold Bob 30,000 Tjet chassis at .09 cents per chassis. He didn't have the $2700.00 to make the deal.

Aurora wanted to get rid of the surplus because of the A/FX non-mag and Magna-Traction chassis.

Randy.
Wow, if only we could crank up the wayback machine.
$2700 we'd all be happy to part with!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts