Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the drought over? My local hobby shop guy said he is expecting 100 cans of Tamiya spray paint (TS series) this Thursday.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
The three Hobbytown stores in my area (about a 40 mile radius) restocked last fall sometime. Note that Tamiya has discontinued a few shades too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I actually ordered several cans of Tamiya's TS-45 Pearl White last week and they just arrived in this morning's mail. (For my 1/350 PL Enterprise Refit kit.) I'm glad to see them finally back in stock.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Any one of those 100 happened to be flat clear???
-Jim

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Would Testors Flat Clear be a problem to apply after using Tamiya TS- colors?
-Jim

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I have used Testors Dullcoat spray for decades. I don't think yellowing is an issues UNLESS...

1) you are putting it on a white model where the yellowing will be noticable

2) you spray it on very thick and let it puddle up. I can yellow if it builds up in thick drips

But for every day normal use and use on darker paint jobs it works fine.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I have used Testors Dullcoat spray for decades. I don't think yellowing is an issues UNLESS...

1) you are putting it on a white model where the yellowing will be noticable
Unfortunately the paint color of choice is gonna be white.
Is there anything out there that'll work???
-Jim

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Future mixed with Tamiya Flat Base or Tamiya Clear Gloss mixed with Tamiya Flat Base work fine. You can adjust the amount of Flat Base to make a satin or flat finish.

Poly Scale has clear flat and gloss acrylic finishes. Humbrol Clear Flat and Gloss are also good (in the big jars not the cans). Gunze has some good clear sprays as well. Testors has their Acryl line of clear flat and gloss overcoats too.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
You can believe whatever you want.
I never said it couldn't or didnt yellow. But its not a huge issue unless you are building a white model or glop it on thick. Period. Its not believing its KNOWING from use and experience with the product since the 70s.

Not clear coating a white model is not a guarantee that it will not yellow anyway. Testors gloss white can turn yellow on its own.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts