Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That same Automobile magazine had yet another Mustang/Camaro article that was very, very interesting:

The sons of Parnelli Jones and Mark Donahue hit the track with a 10 Mustang and a 10 Camaro. The Camaro totally out powered the Mustang GT with nothing less than a Corvette engine. More horses and more tourque.

The standard Mustang GT held it's own against the more powerful Camaro. I don't understand why they wouldn't have chosen a Cobra or at least an evenly matched Mustang.

[big]One great read !!![/big]

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
There isn't an even comparo right now. GM did a good job placing the SS right between the GT and the Shelby. The funny thing is how consistently close the numbers are and how the GT wins many categories when it has a hundred horsepower less... Mind you I say that based on the comparisons from almost every other magazine, not the numbers on this article. The numbers on this article look quite slanted based on a lot of other tests I've read. Too bad for Government Motors the stang is getting another 100 horsepower with no weight gain in less than a year :D

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
aside from engine size and power, I heard the Mustang wins (like harristotle said) in a ton of categories according to some of the more recent magazine reviews (interior quality/design, forward visibility, handling, less weight - standard mustang GT) etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts