Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi for the last week i have been running to wal-mart! I think i found at least 10 white lightnings. Some are up for sale online at LadyScary House of Toys. I also have regular ones for sale. But if anyone knows, I found a couple of jl's corvette chevy thunder with mini car covers. they have white interiors, and different rims. Where can i find out if these are Whites or just a variation?
also for casting #389 1972 buick riviera from the big boats 5 pack with off white interior and white chassis. is this a white? the one i have open has army green interior? LadyScary

·
Registered
310 Posts
the big boat riveria is a white and try looking on lightninglane.com for info on the others. By chance did you score a white monopoly studebaker champ or grand prix????

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
not yet but i asked the wal-mart toy lady, there is another shipment on the way! I will look and see if i can find one for you. if i do, i'll let you know and list it online. I did find the # 1 1971 plymouth duster for the monopoly series in a pack with the wrong # and title.

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Hi and welcome to hobbytalk. If you are going to advertise your auctions, please use the "Diecast Auction Links" forum. This forum is fine for regular discussion. Thanks. :wave:

Congrats on the finds! On the Chevy Thunders, if there were others of the same cars there without the white inteiror and different wheels, than the white interior cars are white lightnings. If they all had the white interior and different wheels, this would typically be a simple wheel variation. There are a few exceptions though.

Which series# are you talking about or what color/year car?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry first day, i haven't figured out all the tools yet! The other corvette had red interior. and one had mettallic green dash. Chevy Thunder release 4 #19 1965 corvette metallic blue one has red interior. the other white with different wheels and rims. the other is release 4 #20 1966 Corvette one has off white interior with metallic green dash. The other has White interior and dash and different wheels and rims. I appreciate the advice thank you!!!! LadyScary!

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
No problem, not trying to scare you off, just letting you know is all. :wave: It appears as though the car cover release 4 WLs are white interior with chrome cragar rims on plastic tires, so it sounds like you have a couple more. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With a name like mine! i do not scare easy :)> Thank you so much for all the info. I love JL's and finally found a place where i'm not the only toy lover!!!! Ladyscary!

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Glad you found us! Don't underestimate the power of the trade! :wave: You can also list your items for sale on the Swap & Sell, too. Just another of the great things about Hobbytalk. Non-Auction sales OR Trades - Swap & Sell. Auction Sales - Diecast Auction Links.

·
Registered
310 Posts
it costs nothing, its on its just another section of the forum where you can list what you have and what you will trade it/ sell it for

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I'll check it out. I love adding new cars to the collection. and like to help others add to thiers. lol!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts