Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To any of my fellow Canadian collectors .... I just came back from WM and they had two large bins full of cars. Ended up with 140 of them for a $1 each and couldn't even tell they were gone or make a difference they were everywhere!!! Also all of a sudden I'm finding all the PIXAR CARS I wanted for my kids. All the "hard to get" ones too like Blue Mater, Sarge, Lizzie!!! I think they're running out of steam???

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
fly__life said:
To any of my fellow Canadian collectors .... I just came back from WM and they had two large bins full of cars. Ended up with 140 of them for a $1 each and couldn't even tell they were gone or make a difference they were everywhere!!! Also all of a sudden I'm finding all the PIXAR CARS I wanted for my kids. All the "hard to get" ones too like Blue Mater, Sarge, Lizzie!!! I think they're running out of steam???
it seems like canada is the place to be for johnny lightnings as of late. i've heard from a few people that not only are they finding them but are finding them in mass quantities too. this will also greatly increase your chances of finding whites. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The truth is we are sending cheap JLs to Canada and we are getting cheap prescription drugs in return :) Keep buying those JLs up north so we can continue to buy our drugs at bargain prices :p

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I went to two walmarts today, and at both combined there were maybe 5 Johnnies total. and they were the same old ones that have been sitting there for months now, no new Johnnies, no new HWs either :cry:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Great news for Canadian collectors! :thumbsup:

Did you find any WHITES fly__life?

Please post a few pics of your favorite JL cars that you bought from your 140 car score that were $1.00 each.

G

·
Mostly old Poker stuff here still, but they did have stacks of Big Boats sets for $4.94 last week. Most cars displayed at this WM are Jada and Maisto. HW and Matchbox peg space has been downsized accordingly.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
fly__life said:
Other than the truckload of spoiler and high impact sets, no singles that i've found.:cry:

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I just got back from my local Missississississippippiipipipipi Wal Mart and yes, some cars were $1, like Mopar or No Car and Mustangs and Fords, but the Poker cars were still $4.24!

·
Registered
256 Posts
harry_ca said:
Other than the truckload of spoiler and high impact sets, no singles that i've found.:cry:
Ha... that's all I usually find here too. Don't forget Poker!

Some TSC stores carry the more collector style of cars like, Muscle cars 5, Mopar or no car, Fords and Mustangs, Trucks and SUV's, etc.

Cheers,
Greg

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nothing happenin here except for those big boat sets and the marvel 1/24 cars. I wouldn't mind some el cheapo cars, send some my way.LOL!

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
fly__life said:
.... I just came back from WM and they had two large bins full of cars. Ended up with 140 of them for a $1 each
You bought 140 cars at one store??? How many carts did that fill?? Cashier must have loved scanning all those, or did they do a Quantity 140?

·
Registered
577 Posts
What Canadian Walmart did you find so many. At the store in my town (Brockville) they have no more left for $1, I bought the last 2 last week. The Poker cars are still a plenty, but for $4.24.
They also got the new 1:24's in on Wed, came home with the Nova.
Also found a Cuda Speedshop kit for $5.

·
Banned
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Most collectors can relate to me NOT finding one WL!!!!! There must have been around 2500+ cars in those bins. Stock boy got to them first for sure but I don't mind .... $1 more than compensates for no WL. I don't collect the Elvis or GNR cars and there were plenty. I picked up 25 different cars:
PIP - Nova, CLASS OF 57 - Nomad, 57 Vette Fuelie, Lincoln, HIGH IMPACT MUSCLE - Duster and 71 Mustang, CAMARO LEGENDS - 68 Camaro Conv, MUSCLE CARS 69 - AMX, Super Bee, and GTO, BWF - Nova, CALENDAR CARS - 70 Cuda, GTO, 65 Mustang, 69 Nova, FIREBIRD - 67 Firebird, MUSCLE CARS USA - GSX, CHEVY HIGH PERFORMANCE - Chevelle, CLASSIC PLASTIC - 71 Vega, 71 Charger, 73 Mustang, 71 Mustang, 70 Challenger. Going back for round two!!!! Sorry no pics till I buy another camera. Last year WM in Mississausage had 5 different 10 car sets for $9.99 and two pallets stacked 5ft high were gone within a few days and again NO WL in any of the sets. I also picked up the last six High Impact Muscle 5 packs for $4.94 each. Last but not least a JL speed shop 70 Hemi Cuda for $5 and it was also the last one. Forgot to mention that the cashier scanned each one so my receipt was alsmost three feet long with all the other items I purchased!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am in Kitchener Ontario. There must of been over 50 cases on the floor in one aisle. Everyone had been gone through so no White Lightnings but I found a lot of cars I needed and all for a buck. Can't beat that!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm in Ottawa....checked two Walmarts in the past week...Not one JL on the pegs. There are pegs marked for them, just no stock.

Just before Christmas, one Walmart in the area had the High Impact Muscle, Big Boats and Pony Power sets. I grabbed one of each. Didn't see any whites.

I am in serious need of a JL fix.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
The JL tide has come in! Just Unbelievable!

based on what cars i saw, i believe the following series were available,
your own WMarts selection may vary

poker r2,
class of 57,
monopoly 70th,
classic plastic R3,
Firebirds R3/R4,
Street Freaks R21/R19/R18/R17,
Camaro Legends,
chevy High perf,
chevy thunder R6/R4,
high impact muscle,
muscle cars usa R11/R10,
Classic gold R31/R29
Impala parade
poncho power
rock art
universal monsters R2

I exercised some restraint....it was really hard not to resist the urge to fillup the shopping cart...nonetheless i bought 50 cars of which 4 were W/Ls, since i'm not familar with all the white variations...i'm sure i left some behind.

Enjoy guys....this is your chance to get those series/cars at a great price.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Same old! same old!

MudSlinger said:
I went to two walmarts today, and at both combined there were maybe 5 Johnnies total. and they were the same old ones that have been sitting there for months now, no new Johnnies, no new HWs either :cry:
Yes, still the same old JL castings. I scanned a few of them,
The old Import Heat scanned at $2.92.
The Poker still scanned at $4.92.
Classic Plastic still scanned at $4.92.
And I have never bothered scanning some very old product that has been in
the same stores on the same pegs for a very long time. I don't want them.
But a couple of other blisters scanned at $1.00.
But I already had the '68 Thunderbird from Mustang & Fords set. Pass!
The pegs have been virtually empty for months in several stores.

I guess I was in a kind of needing a JL fix mood and bought a bunch of the
less desirable castings in the last few months at regular price at almost
any Walmart store that I happened to visit.
I know that I helped clear the pegs except the stuff that no-one was buying.
On a side note; a family member in another city checked out all the Walmart
stores there and didn't find much either other than Poker at $1.00 each.
My daughter also checked out a couple of Walmarts before coming home for Christmas and came up with nothing.
Where she lives, she hasn't seen any newer JLs since summer.

The only new JLs to be found in stores in western Canada appear to be the
Big Boats 5-packs at $4.94 and three different Marvel 1:24 castings at $6.94.
The marvel castings are the '70 Hemi Cuda, '70 Ford Torino, & '69 Camaro.

I did manage to find a Speed Shop red/black top 1:24 '70 Hemi Cuda at $5.00
A woman in the toy department said that the store only got one box which
contained 3 x '70 Hemi Cuda and 3 x '69 Mustang Mach 1.

Other than the Big Boat 5-pack, nothing really new in the way of JL product.
It is now January 2007, will we see any new 1:64 JLs this year?
You really have to wonder. Has RC2 fixed it's distribution problems?
Time will tell.

That's my latest report. I am back to building plastic model kits again.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
harry_ca said:
The JL tide has come in! Just Unbelievable!

I exercised some restraint....it was really hard not to resist the urge to fillup the shopping cart...nonetheless i bought 50 cars of which 4 were W/Ls, since i'm not familar with all the white variations...i'm sure i left some behind.

Enjoy guys....this is your chance to get those series/cars at a great price.
Harry, this definitely has to be a regional thing.

I was in a local WM yesterday, and talked to the lady who does the ordering
in the toy department. She said that all the toys including diecast were put
out before Christmas. And they haven't got any new stock. Certainly no JLs.
And she said she didn't know if they would be getting any JLs any time soon.

Harry, enjoy your good fortune. Have fun.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
318 Posts
Back from Walmart here in Ottawa....They had the following...

Universal Monsters
Poker Rel.1
Street Freaks rel.18
Working Class Trucks rel.3
Chevy Thunder Rel.4
Monopoly 70th Ann.
American Beauties

I grabbed a few..but not every car....included among them was a Working Class Trucks '67 Ford Bronco White!!

All coming up at $1.....but not advertised

They also have a lot of Pony Power Sets and High Impact Muscle Sets

Phil.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts