Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

What are some major / minor diffrences in set-ups between 1 cell and 2 cell lipo racing?

Thanks,
Al

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Less left side weight, have to get car to turn better with less weight on that side. Upside to 1 cell is ALOT less tire wear !!!!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Is that the best you guys can come up with, I'm kinda curious myself. Like what kinda weight are you guys running now on the left rear, what crossweight are most running? Obviously we've had to add lead to make weight on some chassis'. Other than the less tire wear what else are some of the differences. If I tweak my chassis with everything in place the way we did before scales and fancy programs I figure I'm running somewhere in the 45-47% CW and roughly 64-66% leftside weight and 42-43 front and 58-57 rear weight. I lack a little drive off and am wearing the RR now instead of the LR like last year. Does any of this seem right to some of the better guys. Thanks

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
The gen3 Has no problem running up front with the old chassis
You wont see one in the top 3 at the birds in 7.5 or open mod. Running up front at your local track is one thing. Running up front at an event with top drivers is another. If you are a club racer or dont know the diffreence between a good car and a $hit car to begin with the old 2c cars are fine.

Its a fact that they arent right for 1cell tho!

·
Registered
167 Posts
What sucks is that only a select few "special" people will have the 1c cars at the 'birds. I'm waiting.....impatiently, lol.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
HD car is still in testing. I feel we have it pretty RIGHT tho. New cars need a decent amount of testing before release to make sure its a good product for the public. It would suck to waste money on a car that was not tested at all or maybe tested once then thrown out to the public with flaws.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
HD car is still in testing. I feel we have it pretty RIGHT tho. New cars need a decent amount of testing before release to make sure its a good product for the public. It would suck to waste money on a car that was not tested at all or maybe tested once then thrown out to the public with flaws.
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Well said Frank.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
If you are a club racer or dont know the diffreence between a good car and a car to begin with the old 2c cars are fine.

Its a fact that they arent right for 1cell tho!
I haven't traveled much this year and I found out real quick that my setups weren't as good as I thought last week in Oneida, especially on a high bite paperclip!

With my "2c" car, I couldn't get the LF heavy enough (only about 7 oz. and 6 on the RR) I had to add alot of wedge and this made the RF REAL heavy...like almost 7 oz!

Of course corner weights aren't the whole story, and maybe FU can chime in, but now I'm looking at LF/10.5, LR/9.75, RF/4.2, LR/7.2. Now I have room to add wedge, which will even out the Left side w/o making the RF too heavy.

My dremel has seen a lot of action this week and I finally found the CW's I was looking for...we'll see.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
.... It would suck to waste money on a car that was not tested at all or maybe tested once then thrown out to the public with flaws.
True... but...

If you are a club racer or dont know the diffreence between a good car and a car to begin with the old 2c cars are fine.
Most of us 'regular club guys' wouldn't know the difference... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
True... but...

Most of us 'regular club guys' wouldn't know the difference... :rolleyes:
I dont mean to sound like a d1ck. But its very true that a very large majority of racers dont know when a car is right or not. A good car to one person may be junk to another. My car at the oval masters felt like junk to me but to alot of others would have drove the car and thought it was the best car they ever drove. I wasnt happy with it becouse i felt with 1cell there was no way to make the car perfect becouse of a million reasons, short answer is the car was designed for 2cell.. Now HD has a very promising 1cell car in the works so that they can provide the BEST car they can to the customer. So far in testing the car exceeds my expectations. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I dont mean to sound like a d1ck.
I don't think you are at all. I understand what you're saying about testing and making it right. We spend enough money as it is to throw it away on something that doesn't work. I just think it sucks that the "regular" guy wants to go to the 'birds and gets his a$$ handed to him by a car that no one else has the opportunity to get because it's still in "testing". Granted most of these cars are in the hands of the people who could beat the rest of us with shoe boxes....lol, but that's all my point was. :)

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I don't think you are at all. I understand what you're saying about testing and making it right. We spend enough money as it is to throw it away on something that doesn't work. I just think it sucks that the "regular" guy wants to go to the 'birds and gets his a$$ handed to him by a car that no one else has the opportunity to get because it's still in "testing". Granted most of these cars are in the hands of the people who could beat the rest of us with shoe boxes....lol, but that's all my point was. :)
imo they should only allow prototype cars in 7.5 and open mod.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you don't mind me asking-what is the big difference that is required between one cell and two cell frames?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
I am usually open about any questions asked but i will wait until next weekend to answer that. Possibly some pics to go along as well if the boss is ok with it. After hearing all the stories about ksg keeping they're cars covered up prior to the oval masters i am just keeping things square. ; )

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I am usually open about any questions asked but i will wait until next weekend to answer that. Possibly some pics to go along as well if the boss is ok with it. After hearing all the stories about ksg keeping they're cars covered up prior to the oval masters i am just keeping things square. ; )
Frankie's breaking out the X-15.:tongue:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts