Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there really a speed difference between these two motors if you run the same bodies?

looking at the brl race the times were only .2 different per lap average

3.906 vs 3.708

so how much of that .2 difference is body?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
is there really a speed difference between these two motors if you run the same bodies?

looking at the brl race the times were only .2 different per lap average

3.906 vs 3.708

so how much of that .2 difference is body?
Not much is the body. They are pretty different. You have to remember that is .2 per lap on a track that is about 150 feet.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Quite a bit diffrent even if your 10.5 car will only do a lap faster than the fast 13.5 guys car dont ask how I know LOL.

Things happen alot faster at 2 tenths a lap quicker.

Jake

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
At the Tri-Clone, the fast lap for a 10.5 tonight (Hays Jr.) was a 3.0. The 13.5 was about a 3.5-3.6 with a COT body. Definately more than .2!!!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
At the Tri-Clone, the fast lap for a 10.5 tonight (Hays Jr.) was a 3.0. The 13.5 was about a 3.5-3.6 with a COT body. Definately more than .2!!!
On our 140 foort run line so far its been .2 faster whats the run line at tri clone?

Yea but Hays has some special car rite:tongue:

Jake

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
andy koback

the figure I used for .2 per lap is based on the brl race a main winning runs since that is all that is posted. that was average based on 75 lap runs divided by the run time.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Very different feel between the two classes. 13.5 is momentum with very little acceleration. The 10.5 cars have a lot more rip even if the lap times are very close.

John

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
On our 140 foort run line so far its been .2 faster whats the run line at tri clone?

Yea but Hays has some special car rite:tongue:

Jake
I believe the runline is around 125 ish. I don't know about the Special car, Hays is just Special by himself!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
but at the clone our COT class is a spec class with jaco world gt tires all around. and we hit some consistant 3.4s but still mor that .2 different.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts