Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Have been racing a 2 cell pan car class for 2 years now and want to venture into the 1 cell class. I will mainly be racing spec but may occasionally run open. The motor is a tekin 13.5. I am planning on getting the mamba 1 cell esc and need to know first, should I get either a booster for it or a reciever pack. Second, For either case is there a certain brand you would recommend?

Thanks,
Blaine

·
Registered
7,104 Posts
I use the ohp booster in the spec class, when I run the mamba I used a 2 cell lipo batt for the helicopters 200mah, and made a case out of lexan scraps.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I run a TQ cells booster. However many run a receiver pack.
Some run the receiver pack to save your 1s battery for just the motor.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
With a booster you won't need a charger that can charge LIFE packs. You also won't need to charge anything other than your car battery between runs. Install it and forget about it.

With a RX pack you will need a charger that can do LIFE packs. On the plus side the rx pack doesn't use power from your battery like a booster does. Saving power for just your motor. With that being said your only looking at about 75mah per 4 min run that your booster will use.

If your going to run BRL or the Birds I would say go with a rx pack. If your running local shows I would say go with the booster.:thumbsup:

I hope this helps, Sam

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
my esc doesn't need the booster, the transponder does. and the servo will work faster and smoother.
I would agree with toy tech, If you have a Personal Transponder and a good servo...I always like the idea of my servo having higher voltage. Also its welcome weight behind my LF tire.

I also fly RC planes and a good receveir pack is a must to keep the servos happy.

Although many racers use the booster with no issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts