Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1 Adam-12, see the man, 415 fight group, w/chains & knives...

Are ya with me people???
It would probably sell in a windowless, plain, tiny cardboard box.

I'm of course talking about the iconic 1968 to '69 Plymouth Belvedere 4dr black & white sedan from the '60s cop show Adam-12!!!

Sitting tall high up on Chryslers very taught A38 Police Package suspension, '69 B body squad cars "only" had a 383 Wedge as the biggest mill available, but would do very well against a 440 Road Runner because of better suspension, brakes, tires, and above all, a better cooling system to give the car more stamina against the bad guy.

I'm very surprised no one has released this car in the big box stores to my knowlage.
I think even several releases of the very same Adam-12 car would do very well, and plenty on other possibilities for a 4dr Belvedere as well, like a Fire Chief car would be bitchin!!!!!
Or a plain jane un-marked cruizer to mom's grocery-getter with full disk wheel covers and thin white wall tires.

GL and I think M2 both have great looking '69 Road Runners. But I'm unsure how difficult it would be to convert it to a 4dr. because the roof is totally different.
Then add a B pillar, change the glass and interior, and kiss that Road Runner tooling good-bye forever! :)

·
Registered
1,977 Posts

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Without looking, I'm gonna quess the show ran from '67 to '72ish,
and ran Plymouths and AMCs through out those years.
The AMCs were in the later seasons, and to me the '68 and '69 Belvederes are the cars one thinks of pertaining to the show the most.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I was hoping for a Matador but I knew Greenlight doesn't make one.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
The 1968 LAPD Belvederes were actually 5HP Less than the standard Road Runner 383 which had 335hp. However, LAPD cars had a rear sway bar package that was not available on any other 1968 B-Body. The package greatly improved handling and the used componets are still sought after by serious B-body collectors. Road Runners (and Super Bees) were usually faster off the line than police Belvederes but the police cars had a 15 MPH top speed advantage because of numerically lower axle ratios.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I'd like to see the 4-dr Belvedere but it's totally different from the A-pillar back and maybe even the wheelbase. I sold 1969s but the specs have slipped away from memory. Probably too expensive to retool but then again they made the Monaco which has the same sales possibilities.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
it's sad, but not too many die cast companies do the "4-door" thing...even most cheat and roll out 2-door police wagons:rolleyes:

i'd love to see the belvedere AND the '72 amc matador...both are among my favorite pursuit vehicles...
any and all monster fury...1972 especially

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
I'd love to see the black and white Belvedere and Mac's Satellite supervisor's wagon in a 2-car set. I watch a couple of episodes of Adam-12 on Hulu every week. Love to see all the background cars in each one. Add in the Matador cruiser, the drab LA County ambulance, and the occasionally seen Montego cruiser and you'd have a pretty cool set of unusual vehicles...

:wave:

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I watch a couple of episodes of Adam-12 on Hulu every week. Love to see all the background cars in each one.
Hey, thanks for the tip off Belair. :thumbsup: I've never seen too much of that show - a little before my time I guess, (aside from a 90's remake I think) but people always mention the backgrounds. Now I'll go check it out on Hulu!

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Hey, thanks for the tip off Belair. :thumbsup: I've never seen too much of that show - a little before my time I guess, (aside from a 90's remake I think) but people always mention the backgrounds. Now I'll go check it out on Hulu!
Flaps, you can watch Rockford Files on Hulu, too. More great background car shots and James Garner's stunt driving to boot...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Don't forget Starsky & Hutch which is out on DVD too. The Dukes of Hazzard TV show (also on DVD) also has some neat vehicles in it although half the "guest" vehicles seem to be ex-police Mopar B-body sedans... :wave:

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd love to see the black and white Belvedere and Mac's Satellite supervisor's wagon in a 2-car set. I watch a couple of episodes of Adam-12 on Hulu every week. Love to see all the background cars in each one. Add in the Matador cruiser, the drab LA County ambulance, and the occasionally seen Montego cruiser and you'd have a pretty cool set of unusual vehicles...

That's exactly what I've been doing - watching it on Hulu, and half the reason I've allways enjoyed the show are the street scenes of L.A. - the buildings and the cars.

Glad to see at least ONE member gets exited over the Adam-12 idea! :)
You're really thinkin', that 2 car set with Mac's wagon would be the shizz-nit!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's exactly what I've been doing - watching it on Hulu, and half the reason I've allways enjoyed the show are the street scenes of L.A. - the buildings and the cars.

Glad to see at least ONE member gets exited over the Adam-12 idea! :)
You're really thinkin', that 2 car set with Mac's wagon would be the shizz-nit!!!!!!!!!!

X 2. Any authentic Adam 12 replica would be awesome. I can't understand why it has not been done.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I like how they nearly rear end that mustard yellow car while pulling out of the station... Old Skool. :dude:

Going to check out some action on Hulu right now from the days of black coffee and billy clubs.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like how they nearly rear end that mustard yellow car while pulling out of the station... Old Skool. :dude:.
The mustard car is a British Ford Cortina. One of the few little Brit Fords that were imported in any kind of numbers. I don't really know how exiting the regular versions were, but the Cortina GTs with the Lotus o.h.c. mill musta been a hoot!

That Adam-12 Clip is cool cuz having owned a couple 383 cars, that cop car sounds exactly like a 383 to me. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
IF it's a real LAPD or replica; it would have been a 383. Jack Webb was a stickler for authenticity, so it probably is. The story lines were somewhat simplistic compared to later police dramas.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts