Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Most of the 1/8th scale racers in Michigan have raced with Jason Radke over the last few years and those who got to know him, know that he is a great guy to hang out with and to race with.

Jason got injured on a job site today after a 130 feet fall and is currently in critical condition. He fractured his skull, has brain swelling, broken left leg, brused spleen, broken ribs and a collapsed longue. He underwent surgery today to remove the brused spleen and temporary fix his left leg. The surgery was successfull according to the surgeonts. Additional surgery will be done to place a brain pressure monitor and to fix his left leg further.

The extend of his brain damage is unknown right now and further test and time will tell.

I would like to ask you to keep him in your mind and prayers to assist him in a full recovery.

I will try to keep everybody interested posted as much as possible.

Thank you.

Edwin Hartman

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wow, its a miracle that hes still alive, I will be praying for him. Never raced with him but im sure hes a great guy. I will pray for anyone who went through that!
Hope he has a full recovery and I can meet him someday.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any idea which hospital he's at so we can send him some RC mags during his recovery?
Spectrum Health - Butterworth Campus on Michigan in Grand Rapids.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Dont know Jason, but to have any human being go thru that is never a good thing, he will be in my familys prayers!!!!
:thumbsup:

Tito Bufford

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Short update:
he is on assisted breathing. He is responding a little to voice commands when they reduce the sedation. He had surgery this morning to relieve pressure in his right arm that was caused by the trauma. They have place a blood cloth filter to prevent blood cloths traveling through his body. He is making small improvements, but he has a long ways to go.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update:
Jason is doing better. He's off his sedation but his pain meds are still acting as a sedative. They lowered his pain meds . Eventually wanting to eliminate some IVS and put his pain meds thru his feeding tube. No blood pressure meds and no manitrol (brain pressure med) And his vitals are still good.

Negative news: it might take between 10 days and 6 months for him to become responsive.... :(

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I heard this on the news too. I was shocked to say the least. I hope he makes a full recovery and will say prayers for him and his family.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Edwin thank you so much for the updates. He is in our thoughts and prayers. We enjoyed getting to know him at Gobles.
Don and Tonia

·
Registered
427 Posts
Any R C racer is friend, even if we don't know them yet. I will let everyone at our track, MEDINA RC RACEWAY, in ohio know about this. If there is anything we can do let me know. I am saddened by his pain, but am excited about his recovery.

BIG STEVE

1 - 20 of 28 Posts