Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to it? They sold like hotcakes so that can't be an issue. All I find are Malibu's now which are also well done. Sometimes I really believe that distribution is dictated by what skid Larry in the warehouse pulls down with the forklift. I got lazy thinking they'd be around all the time and now I can't find anything, anywhere.

In the summer, I've come to believe that Meijers and WalMart are more worried about lawn and garden. I can go back days later and see the same pegs untouched from restock and facing.

·
Registered
624 Posts
1/87 Fresh Cherries

I don't understand them being the same price as the 1/64th.Which ones are you looking for?There are a still few around here I could pick up for you. :wave:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dear All:

The Cherries in 1/87 scale are hot sellers due to the fact that they are a new brand,and offers prototypes no one in the HO market wants to mess with.And since these are the cars (plus the soon-to be introduced Fairmont Sedan and Wagon by Atlas) the Railroad Modelers want,is no surprise that these are literally flying off the shelfs.Things may come to normal when the second series of cars will reach the shelfs.

·
Registered
812 Posts
rozy51 said:
I don't understand them being the same price as the 1/64th.Which ones are you looking for?There are a still few around here I could pick up for you. :wave:
Thanks for the offer, but I finally did get them. I broke down and bought them off of the bay. Hopefully, the second release will be easier to find.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Still tons of Pinto wagons, Chevettes, Pacers etc still sitting on the shelves here. I may be the only 1 around here that purchased any.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
96gsfan said:
Still tons of Pinto wagons, Chevettes, Pacers etc still sitting on the shelves here. I may be the only 1 around here that purchased any.
Are they still unter 2.00 or did those have a price increase as well?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
They went stale around here.. I wish they would come out with new models! They went back to the first wave stuff around here, so the later items like the bobcats are hard to come by.. but the once hard to find Pinto Wagons are all over the place!

I used to sell 'em on the bay.. but got burned so maybe that is why they are still on the shelves around here lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Motormax needs to come up with 4-6 colors per vehicle, then they wouldn't get so stale as quickly. As a collector and model railroader, I like variety in colors so I can spread the vehicles out more evenly on the layout. To me it's a waste of tooling to have only 2 colors per vehicle. Aren't there 4 colors in the 1/64th line from Motormax?

Vito Larucci

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't even seen a 1/87 around here yet. The malibu ones that come in a small acrylic case with a car and a trailer had gone on $1 clearance not too long ago. I picked up a red trans am, my only 1/87 scale car now. I'd like to find some of the cherries too to go along with it,.

·
Registered
334 Posts
HOVEHICLE said:
Motormax needs to come up with 4-6 colors per vehicle, then they wouldn't get so stale as quickly. As a collector and model railroader, I like variety in colors so I can spread the vehicles out more evenly on the layout. To me it's a waste of tooling to have only 2 colors per vehicle. Aren't there 4 colors in the 1/64th line from Motormax?

Vito Larucci

Dear Vito:

The cars in 1/60 are molded in several colors,and the Gremlin was offered in two versions (regular and gremlin X).So,in time,the same will happen at the HO series.

Nick K

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
HOVEHICLE said:

Vito Larucci
THey pretty much come in 2 colors per 'release'. with time, Im sure there will be more releases of 1:87 with more color variations

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Still haven't seen the 1/87ths in my neck of the woods, would like to pick up the pinto Wagonss, one of my favorite 70s cars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, when I last checked about three weeks ago, the 1/87 FC's are still very difficult to find here in Northern California. They are still flying off the shelves here.. restocks generally don't last more than 3-5 days.

I guess there are a lot of model railroaders around in my parts..

That said, I think I've got my share now. I am just waiting for the next release which should include the Hondas and Mustang sportroof.

Cheers,
Harry

·
Registered
62 Posts
I picked up two each of the Pinto, Pacer and Gremlin at a train show in Tyler Texas, 5 May 07, but the lock that holds them in place was to tight on the green Pinto and the back wheels have flat bottoms if you flip it over and look. They were $3.95 each and the guy selling them said that zinc is in short supply so the prices are going up. :freak:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts