Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The detail on this little car was so nice I couldn't pass it up.

The doors and hood don't open but it has rubber tires and the dash has nice guages and tiny rearview mirror.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that new!?!? I have the dark blue, red, and black ones in that scale, but not that light blue. It looks awesome! :thumbsup:
I don't know. This is the only one they had on hand at the hobby store.

They had a couple other little cars meant for HO train sets but they went for about $10, I'm thinking they were by the same company. One was a nice little cop car but it wasn't $10 nice. I got this for $5.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Model Power models in 1:87 are made by High Speed and have been for quite a few years . The last time I had the privilege to visit the NY Toy Fair ( which is now over 2-3 years ago), I met and talked with the son ofthe owners of Model Power - located in Long Island, NY. It was confirmed at that time that HS was making models for MP in addition to Malibu and Schuco.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
hmmm... what a coincidence.

was on my way back from Ohio, coming up 75 thru Michigan and stopped at a T.A. truckstop...saw like 30 or so of these for $3.99 each...think it was for Xmas.... didn't notice a Cobra, there were just too many to go thru....but did see a nice white with gold stripes Olds 442 that I kinda now regret not picking up....

·
Registered
5,308 Posts
The Model Power models in 1:87 are made by High Speed and have been for quite a few years . The last time I had the privilege to visit the NY Toy Fair ( which is now over 2-3 years ago), I met and talked with the son ofthe owners of Model Power - located in Long Island, NY. It was confirmed at that time that HS was making models for MP in addition to Malibu and Schuco.
I thought the casting look similar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts