Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been collecting for about a year or so. Through a trade, managed my first 1:87 Beatle. Noticed how great the details are!

I assume Mattel no longer make these.....any fellow 1:87 collectors here?

What were the price point on these retail?

·
Premium Member
13,350 Posts
I've been collecting for about a year or so. Through a trade, managed my first 1:87 Beatle. Noticed how great the details are!

I assume Mattel no longer make these.....any fellow 1:87 collectors here?

What were the price point on these retail?

Was it this Beetle?

I bought about a dozen different 1:87 scale Hot Wheels, until I discovered BUB 1:87 scale cars.

A quarter for size comparison.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
seems like there was a little surge in 1:87th a number of years ago.... didn't amount to much... I'm pretty sure the Hot Wheels were priced too high... maybe even 3.99?... so they kind of fizzled... most people started posting about buying them when they started clearancing them out at closer to a buck or buck fifty... and again, with the HW bug... they made the tires tractor sized, especially in the rear

There was also this brand .. came and went already?.. I don't know

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice details on that! Been kinda bored of the mainlines lately....kinda want to expand to diff things....may as well go to the past. Lol

·
Premium Member
13,350 Posts
My local TRU got several shipments of them.

The 1966 TV Batmobile and the '55 Panel were the most wanted.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That batmobile is pretty nice...but not for the $$$ people are asking for them on ebay.

Between the Retro, the mainline, I can say that I don't really care to see another 66 batmobile for a while! LOL

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
I found this 1:87 set in my local 'Antique' store a few months back. I was impressed by the detail for their size and considering they were from Hot Wheels.

·
Premium Member
13,350 Posts
I found this 1:87 set in my local 'Antique' store a few months back. I was impressed by the detail for their size and considering they were from Hot Wheels.

ducan, that 2 car set isn't 1:87 scale......it's 1:64 scale (about 3'' long) from 1998. That set was $19.99 in 1998, but you can buy it for much less now.

It's a nice set.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
I remember seeing the 1:87 scale cars as well.
I didn't get any of these when they were around.
From what I recall the ones that everyone wanted was the Batmobile the Chevy panel and the green VW Bug.
The green bug was tough to get.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Great cars! I had the 55 chevy,ford gt40 concept,camaro convertible,boneshaker, and the caddy convertible.Got them under a different manufacterer's packaging at wallyworld.
I saw these recently,I think they were on ebay.I came across them in the train section while looking for S scale buildings.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Stutz - oops, you're right!

Another senior moment on my part!

Even at that, I still think they have some pretty good detail - especially considering they're Hot Wheels.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts